emc.hh -- hal_priv.hh --- etc etc not find

More
17 Jul 2024 09:34 #305465 by bkt
@rodw
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 linuxcnc-uspace-dev : Depends: linuxcnc-uspace (= 2.9.0~pre1+git20230208.f1270d6ed7-1) but 1:2.9.2 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Is possible installa linuxcnc-uspace-dev for version 2.9.2 ??? because seems LMDE6 install that version from package manager ... and package manager show not possible install linuxcnc-uspace-dev ..... so need to be install manually i think

or install all again .... not easy in these case.

Debian .... I understand well .... but need a month to learn about it .... so prefer use what I know ....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2024 09:38 #305466 by bkt

If you can connect apt to  Debian 13 Trixie you will have access to 2.9.3 in the Debian repositories

seems some joke people made impossible modify apt on LMDE6 kernel 6.6 ..... discover only 3 days ago ... so need install manually

More
17 Jul 2024 09:43 #305467 by bkt
think can remove linuxcnc 2.9.2 .... and install 2.9.0 ... from package manager is present two version .... so after can install -dev version ..... I hope.... only a think .... need to remove linuxcnc-ethercat too or not needed? Just remove and reinstall the right Lcnc 2.9.0 package?
@rodw Think you are the one of linuxcnc package so ask to you .... what is the right procedure? remove linuxcnc-etheercat and linuxcnc too or only the last one?

More
17 Jul 2024 12:00 #305476 by rodw
re ethercat, We just install the sources.list settings for apt so no software is installed. (unless you do it). So there should not be any need to remove the sources entries

Installing the mate desktop on Debian is nice

The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
17 Jul 2024 12:09 - 17 Jul 2024 12:10 #305477 by bkt
oh ... I check my past actions .... pakage manager is right ... so only 2.9.0 version is admitted .... but I've installed manually a deb package for 2.9.2 .... so now think need deb pacakge for 2.9.2 linuxcnc-uspace-dev ... where find it? ... sorry i'm not usual with forum and all update of Linuxcnc repositories ...

ŗdw my question is related to re-install deb package ... so can simply remove 2.9.2 linuxcnc istallation and than reinstall the correct version or need to remove ethercat too?

so now I have these situation in package manager (if note is quite clear because not possible install uspace-dev ... there is not 2.9.2 version):

plus in update manager have these one (can not update to 6.7 kernel ... not sure is rt-preempt one):

not know if can update without need to remake all again (mac adress, udev rules, 666 permission etc etc).

regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2024 12:10 by bkt.

More
17 Jul 2024 12:31 #305482 by rodw
A later deb in a repository will upgrade if you do apt install again. If you go to the 2.9.3 docs and find the Getting Linuxcnc doc,
Heading 7.1 has a script that sets up sources to the Linuxcnc repository 
You could try that.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds