Classic Ladder Crashes

More
10 Mar 2013 00:49 #31140 by LAIR82
I was wondering if anyone has encountered this before?

While working in ladder and editing the rungs I have noticed that if you are not in "modify" mode to edit a rung and you click on a compare or operate block, ladder will automatically shut down, and you have to shut down linux and restart in order to be able to open up ladder again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2013 10:13 #31155 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Classic Ladder Crashes
What version of linuxcnc are you using?
clicking on these objects should give info in the status bar not crash the machine.
If you run linuxcnc from a terminal it may give more info.
typing dmesg in a terminal after the crash may be helpful to us.

Chris M

More
10 Mar 2013 22:38 #31180 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Classic Ladder Crashes
I'm using the git version 2.6.0-pre, and it does give the info in the status bar for the other objects (contacts, coils, timers, etc,,,), but ladder shuts down when clicking the operate and compare items in my rungs. I will run the dmesg tomorrow when I get back to work and back to programming.

The only reason I noticed this was I am starting to tune/test our 2nd retrofit and my turret wouldn't index the tools. I opend the ladder editor and tried to look at the contents in the compare box in my first rung and as soon as I clicked it, it shut down. I shut linux down started back up and opend ladder, clicked editor then modify and then when I clicked the compare box it showed its contents, which is a whole nother issue because I used the same ladder file from our other build, and there was a bunch of garbled info in the field, so I started to rebuild each rung and the it was time to leave.

I will see what I come up with tomorrow.

Thanks

Rick

More
14 Mar 2013 21:15 #31409 by LAIR82
I have gotten back to my build finally, I have come to realize another issue, I tried again to rebuild line by line my ladder, by creating every line again in each rung and deleting the original lines. What I found now is that when I enter info into a compare block, whatever I put into it, is applied to all of the other compare blocks as well as the assignment/operate blocks when I click apply. If I move to the assignment block in the same rung and change its info, it changes the info in the compare block. I am lost now, I don't know if maybe something didn't compile properly, or if maybe my source code is messed up.

As for it crashing when I click on the compare or assignment block while not in modify mode, it still does that and here is what the last couple of lines of my dmesg reads,

" 1193.565265] hm2/hm2_5i23.0: IO Pin 068 (P4-41): IOPort
[ 1193.565270] hm2/hm2_5i23.0: IO Pin 069 (P4-43): IOPort
[ 1193.565276] hm2/hm2_5i23.0: IO Pin 070 (P4-45): IOPort
[ 1193.565282] hm2/hm2_5i23.0: IO Pin 071 (P4-47): IOPort
[ 1193.565602] hm2/hm2_5i23.0: registered
[ 1193.565608] hm2_5i23.0: initialized AnyIO board at 0000:05:00.0
[ 1193.601705] creating ladder-state
[ 1938.544794] __ratelimit: 9 callbacks suppressed
[ 1938.544804] classicladder[3010]: segfault at 0 ip 0805ae33 sp bfd61c10 error 4 in classicladder[8048000+21000]
cinci15cc@cinci15cc-desktop:~$ "

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Rick

More
15 Mar 2013 03:03 #31430 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Classic Ladder Crashes
Are you using different variables in the compare blocks?

Can you attach your clp file?

John

More
16 Mar 2013 05:15 #31475 by LAIR82
Hey John,

I realized that I only had num_arithexpr, I think that is the syntax, in my hal at 25, and I was trying to put # 26 into my file. It would insert whatever verbage was in the first compare/assignment block in that section into the block I was creating because I was maxed out. After I figured that out, I adjusted my hal to 75 and started to add more lines to my ladder. What is still pecuilar is that the compare block that I was working on when I realized this, I could not get that one to take the values I wanted it to after I bumped up to 75. I had to re-layout that particular rung, and the rung with the first block, with the compare block in a different position to get it to work. I was able to get my ladder rebuilt, and started proving my logic out on the machine and one of our other machining centers went down so I have been working on that since then. This section has 23 compare and assignment blocks in about 10-12 rungs. This ladder section is for our tool turret, on another cincinatti milacron lathe, which has 7 lower tools and 7 upper tools on a single X axis slide. I will post my new .clp file for you on monday to take a look at it. I think it was something on my end with not enough available expressions, but I still do not know or understand why clicking on the block crashed classic ladder and didn't just show what its contents were. Is there maybe something corrupt in Ladder?

Even having one linux build up and running smoothly for over 6 months, I still learn something new everyday I interact with this stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
16 Mar 2013 13:25 #31489 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Classic Ladder Crashes
I would bet the code that prints info to the status bar crashed because it was looking at data that was not a variable, since you only defined 2 of them.

Chris M

More
22 Mar 2013 01:16 - 01 Apr 2013 19:31 #31686 by LAIR82
Hello Guys,

Here is copy of my .clp file if you were still interested, I have been out of town on a service call.

I have not seen it crash any more after configuring the proper amount if items in my HAL for he ladder, now I can't get to give a tool change command though, have to search the forum for any possible clues.

Thanks for the help guys.

Rick

Reason for no tool change command was I had two lines in my ladder that were the same and they related to a run permission, it was inhibiting the tool command. Mainly myself still very slightly a little green on the ladder operation concept.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 19:31 by LAIR82.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds