LinuxCNC not loading classicladder on startup

More
15 Jul 2021 03:09 #214803 by ExcessiveO
I've written and tested a short ladder program using linuxCNC then saved it to the config folder. I added the loadrt and addf lines to my custom.hal file, along with the loadusr line that is supposed to start running the program. When I start linuxcnc and check classicladder, it says it was unable to load the program, but when I try to manually load it, it has no issues and everything runs fine. Is there something else that I am supposed to add for it automatically start running the program? I'm running 2.8 with gmoccapy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2021 03:32 #214805 by cmorley
can you post the relevant files?

More
15 Jul 2021 17:02 #214904 by ExcessiveO

File Attachment:

File Name: ladderProgram1.clp
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: custom.hal
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2021 17:05 #214905 by ExcessiveO

File Attachment:

File Name: custom_2021-07-15.hal
File Size:2 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: LAGUNMATIC.hal
File Size:18 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ladderProg...7-15.clp
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2021 19:59 #214923 by bevins
You are telling it to not load the GUI. You realize that? So if your expecting to see the interface, it wont show up with --nogui

More
15 Jul 2021 20:06 #214926 by ExcessiveO
I know the window wasn't supposed to show up, but it would not run the program. I tried later without the --nogui and it did the same thing, nothing at all. I ended up moving the loadusr command into the custom post gui hal file while leaving the loadrt and addf commands in the normal custom.hal, it solved the issue.

More
15 Jul 2021 20:13 #214927 by bevins

I know the window wasn't supposed to show up, but it would not run the program. I tried later without the --nogui and it did the same thing, nothing at all. I ended up moving the loadusr command into the custom post gui hal file while leaving the loadrt and addf commands in the normal custom.hal, it solved the issue.G

Glad its working. That is weird./ I have the loadrt and loadusr in the same file. One right after and it works fine. Maybe it is a gmoccapy  thing. I use axis.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds