Parallel Port with calssic ladder will not work!

More
19 Apr 2011 18:32 #9106 by sgsracing
I have ubuntu 10.04 working with EMC 2.4.3 and I have a computer with a parallel port integrated with the motherboard. I have the Parallel Port connected to a relay board, which works fine and has been tested several times. I can build a ladder logic program in Classic ladder and I can see all the correct outputs work on the screen but cannot get them to work on my Parallel port. When I load example ".stepconf" files different pins turn on depending which file I open and I can find what is driving these outputs??? I also cannot confirm my Parallel Port address. It is left at default 0x378 at setup.

I am not a super-genius when it comes to Linux but I have been windows free for over a year now and Im not going back, I can make all this work on Windows based software, and I really want to make this go on EMC2 any help is much appreciated!!

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2011 18:53 #9111 by BigJohnT
What code did you use to connect your classicladder output pin to your parallel port out pin?

Something like:

net oil-pump classicladder.0.out-00 => paraport.0.9.out

John

More
19 Apr 2011 19:06 #9114 by sgsracing
woa.... Perhaps I missed a step. I didnt know I had to do that! How do I do this?

More
19 Apr 2011 19:21 #9118 by BigJohnT
Have you cruised by the Classicladder Examples chapter in the Integrators Manual?

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/ladder_ladder_examples.html

John

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds