SouthBend magnaturn 612 Conversion to Linuxcnc

More
04 Jul 2016 03:00 #76954 by twender
Finally getting around to cleaning up my files after a busy first half of the summer.
I thought I had everything working well, but I had not done enough testing.
When I originally installed the toolchanger.comp I modified it slightly to work with my turret. What I did not realize at the time was that the behavior is good only until the turret position accumulates to 360 degrees. At that point, it rotates in the opposite direction. All tool changes are in a single direction until that point. This is causing an issue that I am having trouble fixing.
My real issues is that I have been unable to get halcompile to work again.
I am within my directory with the component, but I get the error seen in the image.
I am including my toolchanger.comp file, but my expectation is more that you can help me understand if I am compiling incorrectly. I know at this point my toolchanger.comp file likely has issues, but without being able to get halcompile working, I am stuck.
What am I doing wrong with halcompile?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2016 09:22 #76957 by andypugh
The problem seems to be that halcompile is failing to split the .comp file at the ";;" token.

Opening your .comp file in Note[ad++ it seems that your .comp file has visited a Windows machine and all the line endings have been converted to CR/LF.[1] The Parser is looking for "\n;;\n" but the file actually contains "\r\n;;\r\n"

I can see a good argument for halcompile dealing more politely with this problem.

As I already had the file open in Notepad++ (In Windows, as it happens) and that has a menu option to change line endings, I converted the ile back for you.

[1] See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline if this needs explication.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: twender

More
04 Jul 2016 18:26 - 04 Jul 2016 18:43 #76987 by twender
My ignorance is being showcased for all to see. :laugh:
I have been using Notepad++ on my laptop. I never paid any attention to the EOL.
I will now.
I really appreciated your help...Again!
Last edit: 04 Jul 2016 18:43 by twender.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds