Duplomatic BSV N 160 Werkzeugwechsler / Turret

More
28 Nov 2020 11:41 #190507 by Aciera
I don't know if the pocket number has to be unique but I don't think so. Maybe just give it a try. Define two tools with different numbers but the same pocket number.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2020 18:44 #190539 by Gommiswald
Hello
It is so. LinuxCNC doesn't accept in the toollibrary different tools in same pocket.

More
30 Nov 2020 21:54 #190718 by Todd Zuercher
You can't have more than one tool using the same pocket. But what you can do is have your 30 tools loaded up and saved in the tool table and merely change the pocket numbers for the tools you actually have loaded into the machine for each program. You'll be limited to only using 8 auto changing tools in a single program, but you could possibly configure using more with manual changes for the additional ones. (Not exactly sure how to configure that.)

More
01 Dec 2020 05:01 - 01 Dec 2020 07:14 #190740 by Aciera
So another idea might be to call for the same tool and thus same pocket but load the offsets of the actual tool you want.

[edit]

Another thing: Since this is a lathe turret, does the comp not handle tool positions larger than 8? Meaning if you command a position, say 10, the turret moves to position #2?
Last edit: 01 Dec 2020 07:14 by Aciera.

More
09 Jun 2021 04:49 #211586 by Ingo
Hi guys, I was reading, looking for something about the model of my Turret (BSA 200 12/20), but as I'm nob here I'm suffering a lot..., actually I was very confused. First of all, I don't know if I can take this model from you because you are different. Another thing, my 12-position turret, I use the inputs, Bit1,2,4 and 8 I know it also has Parity and stroby (I don't know what it's for, how do you use it), it still has over temperature, index and locked... ., how I use all this, could someone clarify me, show me the way, because I'm using 7i76E and a 7i84 daughter (including all turret entries are on it).

Thank you very much

Ingo
Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2021 14:19 #211808 by andypugh
"Strobe" is used to indicate that all the position signals will have settled and can be trusted.
"Parity" is a check that all the signals are working properly. (It basically will show a 1 if an odd number of sensors _should_ be triggered and 0 if its an even number. By comparing the parity pin and the actual pins you can check the sensors.

The HAL "carousel" module can handle all this.

More
18 Nov 2021 23:17 #226931 by depronman
Would the above be suitable for the dupomatic BD80 turret as fitted to my Denford cyclone lathe 1998 model ?
It is an 8 tool turret and from what I have read up so far uses 4 bits to determine tool position, strobe and lock

Cheers Paul

More
19 Nov 2021 12:15 #226972 by andypugh

Would the above be suitable for the dupomatic BD80 turret as fitted to my Denford cyclone lathe 1998 model ?

It should, it was certainly designed with that sort of thing in mind. 

More
19 Nov 2021 16:42 #226997 by depronman
Hi Andy thanks for the quick reply
That is certainly very good news
Next question (likely of many) if I was to configure a second parallel port as on IN port would all the connections needed be doable through the parallel port ?
My worry is that the parallel port may not be quick enough - any thoughts please ?
Would I be wanting the duplo8 version as listed above in that my BD80 is an 8 turret version ?

Cheers. Paul

More
19 Nov 2021 16:58 #227001 by andypugh
I am afraid I seem to have answered the wrong question, ie not the one you asked.

I was talking of the "carousel" HAL component, and it seems that you were talking about the "duplo" HAL component.

In either case, I am fairly sure that between them there will be a way to control your turret.

I would expect a parallel port to be easily fast enough. The servo thread itself only runs at 1kHz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: depronman

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds