Emco PC Turn Turret

More
29 Sep 2021 17:38 - 29 Sep 2021 17:39 #221845 by Jpotts13
Replied by Jpotts13 on topic Emco PC Turn Turret
Sorry meant 100 OHM 4watt
Last edit: 29 Sep 2021 17:39 by Jpotts13.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2021 16:19 #222766 by The Feral Engineer
Hate that I'm so late to the game here, but I've got a perfectly working classicladder config for these machines i can send you if you still aren't having luck
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
11 Aug 2022 19:59 - 14 Aug 2022 07:35 #249549 by Samuelx
Replied by Samuelx on topic Emco PC Turn Turret
I am trying also to make my turret move. Emco 50 pc turn.
I ask my friend that is good on electronics what to do. Because there is 5V and 24v involved. He say, that I only need 2 x opto (tlp 291) and to 2 x resistors (10k ohm)I think some other optos will work too, but this is what he had on home.So we use them.

So here is what you can do to change turret optosensor 5v signal to 24v signal.
  If you look at the picture where i hold board on hand. There is 3 leads that goes out from board:White lead goes to mesa board input 1Red wire goes to mesa board input 2black wire goes to mesa board input com 
The other wire with 10K ohm resistors:
yellow wire goes to mesa board input 1
another yellow wire goes to mesa board input 2
both yellow wires has 10K ohm resistor.
red wire goes to 24v power +  

I also draw opto pinout to picture
Pin 1 is connected to turret optosensor signal (there is 2 signal 1 for home and another signal for every tool)
Pin 2 is connected to turret optosensor (5v ground)
Pin 3 is connected to mesa board input com
Pin 4 is connected to mesa board input 
Pin5 is for controlling the board. when +24v is connected to this pin, turret motor starts move forward. When there is 0V motor is moving backwards.Hope this helps someone who want to use the orginal turret control board.  

Edit. Today I  tested this modification, its working great. 

Last edit: 14 Aug 2022 07:35 by Samuelx.

More
21 Nov 2023 14:15 - 21 Nov 2023 14:16 #286171 by Murphy
Replied by Murphy on topic Emco PC Turn Turret
 @evengravy Hi could you share the classic ladder mod you needed to change for the 6 position tool changer please.
Last edit: 21 Nov 2023 14:16 by Murphy.

More
21 Nov 2023 14:25 #286173 by evengravy
Replied by evengravy on topic Emco PC Turn Turret
Hey my setup was modified on the hardware end but I ended up using ferral engineers classic ladder file. I can't remember making any mods to it as such, but may have, I did however have to adjust the encoder trigger ring on the tool changer to get it to work. It still is a little temperamental for me, so must revisit it soon. Seems like there is some logic error case there that I have yet to fully in investigate. If I am in the shop later I'll grab my config files, though

More
21 Nov 2023 14:27 #286174 by evengravy
For example: I moved my entire system over to a mesa 7i96 and have an independent stepper drivers for the axes.

More
21 Nov 2023 14:36 #286177 by evengravy
Here's my entire config, 
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Murphy

More
21 Nov 2023 16:30 #286180 by Murphy
Thank you I'll have a look when I get home.i have it kind of working. It knows home and re sets the counter when the index triggers. But say I call up tool 2 and then move to tool 6 everything is ok. Only when I want to call up the next tool say I'm on tool 2 and call tool 3 or 4 it hangs. The tool I call  needs to be more than 2 positions ahead of where it is for it to work

More
21 Nov 2023 20:26 #286192 by Murphy
I had a look at your ladder file and it's the same just 100ms more delay on the timer. I played around with the timer but still not working. When you select a tool it counts up but when it backs into the pocket it triggers another pulse. So say tool 3 is selected . Counts to 3 then backs into pocket 3 but fires another pulse so the counter goes up to 4 when it's in pocket 3.

More
22 Nov 2023 14:56 #286228 by evengravy
You might need to physically adjust the position of the sensor trigger ring on the pawl mechanism. That is what I had to do to mine to get it to work with this ladder file properly. If I remember correctly I had to move it 15 degrees or so but beyond this I don't have much more input into the coding that I can give, it has been a couple of years since I looked at this and I am not very knowledgable with classic ladder. If I were doing it again I would likely use the linuxCNC carousel comp and may change to that in future. Andy was hopeful they could add the funcitonality to back off, although I can't be sure if it was implemented. Also ladder works, there is still some work to do to make this implementation to work reliably for me.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds