Screen and keyboard mounting ideas ???

More
20 Jan 2021 02:59 #195969 by CORBETT
I agree... very nice...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2021 15:39 #195999 by aleksamc
One time I've setled simple screen to steel cabinet. I made hole in that cabinet (dimensions are smaller then screen). Make steel 4 L profils and stick with them my screen.

One time I connect screen from outer side, screen has 4 bolts on backside to connect to wall. I used them.

Now I bought touchscreen that has mounting connections to steel plate.

More
20 Jan 2021 15:55 #196001 by mooser
I can't do anything as slick as rodw or as tidy as andys (that whole thing is just neat, especially the separate mpgs for the axis)

I keep thinking about a touch screen but if I did buy one I'd have to put it on my Tormach mill and can't really justify one forget about two of them. (I have a couple of old ancient ones here that someone smarter than me could probably get working with linux but I've only got so many front burners on the stove...)

I think I'll have make up something to mount the screen sort of like andys but to the wall near the tailstock and then some form of articulated arm for the keyboard/mouse (keep thinking a trackball might be better but again $$$) that can be mounted to the stand or somewhere to swing out/in out of the way (small shop problems)

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming as well
M

More
20 Jan 2021 20:53 - 20 Jan 2021 20:53 #196021 by rodw
Search for the ASUS VT168H, they are pretty affordable and what I'm using. Super light 15.6" monitor I am using.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2021 20:53 by rodw.

More
20 Jan 2021 21:12 #196026 by aleksamc
I don't know where mooser is going to set it's monitor, but I think it should be something as industrial monitor that has screws for installing in cabinets.
Like this one
I've bought one and already checked it's workability. But havn't set in operation.
Seems to work fine. Sensor a little hard to touch but for my task it's OK.

More
20 Jan 2021 21:34 #196028 by rodw
Nice find. The better industrial monitors are around USD $1k and up!

More
20 Jan 2021 21:51 #196029 by tommylight
Rod, you do have a plasma and a press, make a metal case for it and call it industrial as that is the only difference i have ever seen.

More
21 Jan 2021 03:27 #196055 by mooser

photos.app.goo.gl/DRi4Aa37nc7xg97a6

VESA arm mount bolted to a panel on the back of the headstock.
MPGs mounted on the saddle.

(Ignore the keyboard, that lives in the house and is brought into the workshop only as needed)

When you say the keyboard lives in the house, is that a touch screen then?
M

More
21 Jan 2021 08:49 #196067 by rodw

Rod, you do have a plasma and a press, make a metal case for it and call it industrial as that is the only difference i have ever seen.

Thats exactly my plan. If they wanted a more robust monitor with industrial touch screen technology it would probably be a $2k option and it would mount the same way as the asus

More
21 Jan 2021 13:13 #196084 by tommylight

Thats exactly my plan. If they wanted a more robust monitor with industrial touch screen technology it would probably be a $2k option and it would mount the same way as the asus

From extensive experience, industrial monitors at 2K are very bad quality and resolution monitors mounted on metal enclosures!
Have a look at my machines, i use 22 to 24 inch monitors on all of them, retrofits included, i did check industrial ones and got terrified at what is these days called industrial. Oh and they are really small ! :)
I got the 24" Eizo ones for 60 Euro each, used, and i can bet my life it will work for much longer in a dusty shop than the industrial ones i worked with, these are 12KG of Japanese engineering each. And two of them a literally outside in this winter bolted to a column, still working despite temps going from +22 to -15 and the humidity being terrible.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds