Small victory in the war against the Cincinnati cinturn 12u

More
22 Nov 2022 21:29 #257381 by andypugh
G53 G0 (or G1) Xnnn Ynnn Will make a move in machine coordinates.

You can't _stay_ in G53 but you can set a single line (at a time) of G-code to use it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2022 01:42 - 23 Nov 2022 01:43 #257416 by smc.collins
is it possible to set a g53.1 for a seperate home offset ? I was reading the doc, pudding brain took over.

and I am officially dumb as a rock, I forgot to put the

HALFILE = ToolchangerBCD.hal

in Cinturn.INI

doh

Cake topper of the week, something went south in the my spindle drive, sending it off for repair, but, it was having difficulty with higher speeds, so glad it failed now rather than later. At least I will have it back next week YAY
Last edit: 23 Nov 2022 01:43 by smc.collins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
23 Nov 2022 19:12 #257501 by smc.collins
OK, we have toolchanging, sort of. From what I can see is happening, the machine needs more debounce time when it hits the strobe pin for the desired position, and it needs debounce time after the turret stops moving for it to get into the proper alignment to lock. 

From what I see

Machine see position and strobe, it immediately stops and clamps the turret, this is causing out of position failed to align errors afaict. The turret does not reset to the lock switch and it complains, as it should. 

I am sticking my latest functional config, How would I add debounce time ? in the hal ? if so, any pointers on how to do so ?

FYI I will be updating my config file with circuit numbers, should someone else venture down this path with a cincinatti cinturn 12 of similar vintage. 
Attachments:

More
24 Nov 2022 00:39 #257534 by smc.collins
O100 ENDIF

G53 G0 X16.00

O200 IF [#<selected_tool> GT 0]

M65 P1 ; unlock carousel
M66 P1 L4 Q1 ; wait for locked=false
O106 if [#5399 LT 0]
(abort, failed to unlock carousel)
O106 endif

M68 E0 Q#<selected_pocket> ;set the carousel to move to the right pocket

M64 P0 ; start carousel
G4 P2
M66 P0 L3 Q60 ; wait for carousel finished
O107 if [#5399 LT 0]
(abort, failed to align carousel)
O107 endif
M65 P0; stop carousel
G04 P3000
M64 P1 ; lock carousel
M66 P1 L3 Q1 ; wait for locked=true
O108 if [#5399 LT 0]
(abort, failed to lock carousel)
O108 endif

O200 ENDIF

Adding the dwell will force the carousel to wait before locking correct ? the g04 2000

IE wait 2 seconds before locking

More
24 Nov 2022 01:04 #257535 by tommylight
G04 P2
for 2 seconds
G04 P2000 is 33.333 minutes
-
Probably should try shorter times, like 0.2 or 0.3 for P
And if you need it to keep spinning after the right tool a bit, try inserting the pause before M65 P0; stop carousel
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
24 Nov 2022 02:56 - 24 Nov 2022 03:01 #257538 by smc.collins
ok, wasn't sure on the wait time, i was googling, just not sure i was reading the right stuff. My turret has a hydraulic ram that forces the position to strobe/physical index location on motor shut off. I'll try the pause before the locking call first, see if that fixes it. it's getting to position, just a tiny bit off and not locking fully., so with the pause prior to lock, that should do the trick, i tried it manually and it locks perfectly everytime, just wait for it to settle and release the unlock solenoid 

i did fill the coolant sump with Oemeta 875 tonight, working on getting through tool and flood coolant and washdown going on. i like the fact it won't poison my barn kitty's 

any thoughts on the quality of Siemens Simoreg DC master drives ? there's 2 of them for sale within pickup distance cheap enough to gamble, are these drives quality ? or run Forrest run ??
Last edit: 24 Nov 2022 03:01 by smc.collins.

More
25 Nov 2022 20:21 #257638 by smc.collins
Ok, I need to drive my coolant flood/mist pump anytime either coolant situation is selected. So I need flood coolant to enable my pump and I need mist coolant to enable my pump. Currently I just select mist coolnt for through tool. I have a VFD running my pump and there are 2 solenoids which control flow of coolant in the turret. My tools have flood or through tool, I do need to figure out how to add through tool unless it's hidden away somewhere.

|I am thinking mux, but I am really not familiar with the best way to implement this.

More
25 Nov 2022 20:33 #257640 by andypugh
I think you need to send flood to one coolant and one input of an or2, and mist to the other solenoid and the other input of an or2 and then send the output of the or2 to the pump control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
25 Nov 2022 22:02 - 25 Nov 2022 22:03 #257646 by smc.collins
# signal source destination destination
net xStep stepgen.0.out => parport.0.pin-02-out parport.0.pin-08-out

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal/basic-hal.html

according o the hal documents, I can tie 2 outputs to one signal name, I will give that a try first.

The carousel keeps failing

the code I get is

Failure to align carousel, it unlocks, rotates 3-4 times, then aborts.

I have no idea where to look. I have watched all the inputs in hal show, everything is there, assigned properly and reporting, I suspect the binary encoding scheme doesn't like my encoding. How do I fix this ?
Last edit: 25 Nov 2022 22:03 by smc.collins.

More
25 Nov 2022 22:11 #257647 by andypugh
Does it get to the correct position and not detect it, or does it not get there in time for the timeout?

Halscope the carousel position output pin, see if the numbers make sense.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.602 seconds