Small victory in the war against the Cincinnati cinturn 12u

More
03 Oct 2022 23:04 - 03 Oct 2022 23:08 #253393 by smc.collins
spun the spindle today for the first time woooot. took forever to find a compatible drive that wasn't DOA. Motor control is fine enough to position as a C axis. Win. Now onto the tunning aspect and setting up a voltage divider for the Tach input. 7 vs 29v. Unless someone has a bolt on reliance 7v/1000rpm tach for a 30hp frame DC motor laying about.     youtube.com/shorts/DtmRaCk3tw4?feature=share     youtube.com/shorts/ozQ5y4O94hY?feature=share
Last edit: 03 Oct 2022 23:08 by smc.collins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2022 01:14 #253403 by andypugh
Looks promising. A simple resistor divider ought to work just fine. Any flaws will get hidden in the PID tuning anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
04 Oct 2022 01:21 - 04 Oct 2022 01:22 #253405 by smc.collins
I got a 0-1000ohm pot and a 500ohm R1 is 500ohm and r2 should be 360ohm roughly. I got a ridiculous 100w pot and a 20w resistor. I am sure the output of the tach is in mw, but it's a good spot for overkill. I like being able to use the pot to fine tune the speed. I have to call glentek tomrow and go over my jumper setting and start connecting stuff to my IO card. By the weekend I should be able to do the basics, next up after that, getting the turret to work 
Last edit: 04 Oct 2022 01:22 by smc.collins.

More
04 Oct 2022 01:28 #253406 by andypugh
The power output of the pot isn't really relevant, what matters is the input current of the drive. You might even be able to measure the input resistance with a multimeter.

I wouldn't expect to need anything above 5w in the resistor rating, and possibly a tenth of that.

You should only need a potentiometer, no extra resistor.

More
04 Oct 2022 02:18 - 04 Oct 2022 02:21 #253409 by smc.collins
do you have a diagram of how to do that with just the POT ? I am assuming straddle the 2 conductors and then decrease resistance until the appropriate bleed occurs ? It was just the POT they had in inventory that was industrial and sealed etc with the range of 0-1000ohm. my EE skills are very rusty and mostly just diagnostic in nature. 
Last edit: 04 Oct 2022 02:21 by smc.collins.

More
04 Oct 2022 20:32 #253466 by andypugh
Tacho output to the two ends of the pot track, and then the wiper and one end to the drive.

I just tried this with a variable power supply, a pot and a multimeter and it seemed to work.

Though, as you know the required divider ratio, I don't see any reason not to use fixed resistors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
04 Oct 2022 21:45 #253474 by smc.collins
I think I know the ratio, LOL. as with everything with this god damn machine, you never can be sure of anything. ROLFMAO. I am going to hook up the hydraulic power unit this week. I could definitely use some help configuring for the 7i97 and 7i77d. I'll have a pinout by friday. I am more than happy to pay someone to help me get the tail stock, chip conveyor, turret running. 

On another note, I have a hydrualic chuck obviously. I would like a foot control to overide to open it. What's the best way to setup the chuck, a NC relay to keep it closed when the machine is powered and a overide to open it ? 

More
05 Oct 2022 22:55 #253576 by smc.collins

andypugh post=253466 userid=723Tacho output to the two ends of the pot track, and then the wiper and one end to the drive.

I just tried this with a variable power supply, a pot and a multimeter and it seemed to work.

Though, as you know the required divider ratio, I don't see any reason not to use fixed resistors.

I did some testing today and it looks as if I have motor control in the 5-10 rpm range from 5 rpm to 1800 rpm. Runs a little slower than it would have with the reliance drive, but this drive has more current. I will do a pulley ratio change to get the spindle speeds where they need to be once I get the hydraulic hooked up and I can test the gear box ratios. Wound up with a 470ohm on R1 and a 160ohm on R2 and a quick gain adjustment and hit 6.95v per 1000rpm. 

Appreciate the help so far. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
08 Oct 2022 01:34 #253724 by JR1050
Can you scale the tach input to what you have? Many drives use either a pot or thru hole resistors to allow the use of different voltages.

​​​​​​I have several tachs, some 3v and I have one that is 30 or 36 v . None are gonna be bolt on, if they can be of use, pm me.

More
08 Oct 2022 22:24 #253780 by smc.collins
the voltage divider is super simple, and it's working great. I just finished the basic analog tuning of the servo drives on the X and Z axis servos today, these Glentek drives are SWEET once you understand how they work. I cannot imaging how fast this machine would move at 2000rpm top speed for these motors, at 50 rpm this thing is moving fast, and it's a big machine to see move fast lol.

Will be ready to start configuring the 7i97 this week, hopefully I can manage it.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds