Small victory in the war against the Cincinnati cinturn 12u

More
09 Oct 2022 14:15 #253809 by JR1050
The max speed of the machine would be the pitch of the screw x the max rpm of the motor. If your screw have a .200 pitch, max speed is 400 ipm.
Keep in mind there is a max speed of a ball screw based on pitch, in the case of the above example of a .200 tpi screw, it is 400 ipm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2022 17:27 - 09 Oct 2022 17:34 #253814 by smc.collins
Yeah, that sounds about right. I haven't taken the time yet to actually measure the lead screw pitch but it is 4.5 or 5 tpi. now that I have encoders with a indexing point I can use a dial indicator to measure the turns to 1 inch and get the actual pitch. Been super busy getting working drives etc. Got the hydraulics plumbed yesterday and now I have to finish getting the hydraulic power unit wired today.

I could really use some help with configuring these 7i97 and 7i76 cards along with the tool changer, and lube system. Will trade for take off parts or even cash ! I am fairly certain I can handle the basic servo configuration and get the spindle operational. It the ladder logic portion that have me lost atm. Mostly I am just way over tasked and my brain is screaming hdd full
Last edit: 09 Oct 2022 17:34 by smc.collins.

More
13 Oct 2022 05:36 #254057 by smc.collins
fired up the hydraulic unit today, moved the x and the z, the manual card configuration feels doable, but I'm really really going to need help with the PLC setup for a few things

have cash, will pay for help , or parts or spindle time etc.

More
15 Oct 2022 18:22 - 15 Oct 2022 18:22 #254183 by smc.collins
drive.google.com/file/d/1L4Z0gdzFx90JR_D...Bt8/view?usp=sharing  

Forward ho !!!!!, spending the entire day cleaning up and making the controls cabinet spiffy. Spent most of the week cleaning up the Drives cabinet and going over the wiring for all kinds of goofy shit. image image of cabinet at link, since every one likes to see lathe pics. More coming
Last edit: 15 Oct 2022 18:22 by smc.collins.

More
22 Oct 2022 16:40 #254769 by smc.collins
3 tpi ball screws ,been moving the x and z all day today, vids later

More
22 Oct 2022 17:16 #254776 by tommylight

More
22 Oct 2022 20:17 - 22 Oct 2022 20:26 #254798 by smc.collins

youtube.com/shorts/UVHG3r1QACA?feature=share

open loop testing, gotta read the manual, Linux CNC is lossing it's shit over the acceleration i suspect. Any pointers on servo tunning appreciated, my hurco KM3 was pretty easy, but this one is being difficult. 

Also is there a way to enable the drive before enabling the power on in sequence ? my X axis is held by a brake and likes to come crashing down whenever you enable the HPU. So I want the drive to enable just before the HPU comes on. I currently have the drive enable connected to the HPU machine on trigger output, but this still seems to delayed for the Drive to catch the servo. It'll be a real pain in the ass to touch off tools with this kind of behavior. So I would like to have the X servo drive enable 1 second before the HPU turns on using the machine on output. It would also be helpful if the drive enable waited for at least 1-2 seconds after the machine on output turns off, to prevent the X from dropping. 
Last edit: 22 Oct 2022 20:26 by smc.collins.

More
24 Oct 2022 03:15 - 24 Oct 2022 03:15 #254879 by smc.collins
Ugh, found a cracked casting in the X today, it revealed itself in a very unfriendly way during a somewhat aggressive tuning move. this is a 1 week setback. Better to find it now than in the middle of expensive materials and tools though. 

I have been reading the spindle and gearbox tutorials

I have a 2 speed gearbox with approximately a 3:1 reduction in the low speed versus the high speed.

I also have a Voltage controlled spindle drive that needs to be added. 

the hydraulic turret tool changer, I have been looking at the available turrets components, I think the Orca is the closest. I have 6 stations, position switches, a clamp and unclamp mechanism, and only a forward operating motor solenoid. All of this is hydraulically actuated. 

If you know which HAL components are the closest, appreciated. I am a bit confused about the additional HAL components as well. Do I have to recompile the HAL and then add the configuration logic to the .hal or is it all in the HAL already ? My brain is mush today
Last edit: 24 Oct 2022 03:15 by smc.collins.

More
24 Oct 2022 09:44 #254889 by andypugh
"carousel" is intended to support just about any tool changer, generally in conjunction with a G-code routine and a remap.

"carousel" reads the position feedback and outputs the changer motor commands. Sequencing axis moves. brakes and solenoids is done with a G-code routine. See the sample config sim/axis/vismach/vmc_toolchange for examples.

The G-code routine that those configs use is here:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master...hange/toolchange.ngc

You can see that it passes a pocket number to the carousel, starts it moving, and waits for it to signal "finished" around lines 37-41.

If you prefer this can probably be done in Python, but doing it in G-code makes it easier to move axes and check IO pins strictly timed with moves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

More
24 Oct 2022 12:17 - 24 Oct 2022 12:36 #254901 by smc.collins
how exactly does this all tie in with hal ? where do i put this in terms of use ? how exactly does this interface with my programs ?? is this a macro routine that sits in the linux cnc folder ??

is it better to  implement this as a routine component in the hal, if that's possible ??

my brain is smoothed today. 

thanks
Last edit: 24 Oct 2022 12:36 by smc.collins.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds