Small victory in the war against the Cincinnati cinturn 12u

More
24 Oct 2022 18:12 #254930 by andypugh
The sample config has a number of connections between motion.digital-out-NN and digital-in-NN and also an analog-out-00 which presents the required pocket number to the carousel component.

The carousel component is loaded in to HAL with a "loadrt" in the usual way.

The g-code routine lives in the config folder and is brought into play bu the [RS274NGC]REMAP statement in the INI file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: smc.collins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Oct 2022 18:13 #254931 by andypugh
For a lathe you _might_ not need the remap. It depends on what sequence of operations the ATC needs.

More
24 Oct 2022 21:25 - 24 Oct 2022 21:26 #254962 by smc.collins
for the moment, I need to at least be able to address tools `1-6, in the future I would like to be able to use 1-6 7-12 ID OD , but for now I can start with the most basic setup.

I can setup the tool changer IO tomorrow, I need a break today, having the servo launch the ball screw end mount and servo mount out of the end of the X slide was enough drama for a few days. Found a old crack and with the extra TQ and velocity of the new drives, it let go, semi spectacularly launching the ballscrew, servo motor, and ballscrew end bearing housing out of the cross slide. Fun Fun. It's on my welding bench being brazed together and then I am adding some additional support plates, that should have been a part of the original design. the had a lot of weight being cantilevered on a very small piece of casting with sharp right angle , minimal draft and bolts going through high stress areas. I am also searching for a replacement casting, The ball screw was spared any damage, just backed out. Yay.  
Last edit: 24 Oct 2022 21:26 by smc.collins.

More
25 Oct 2022 12:14 #255021 by andypugh
The simplest setup is simply to set up carousel with:

iocontrol.0.tool-prep-pocket => carousel.0.pocket-number
iocontrol.0.tool-prepare => iocontrol.0.tool-prepared
iocontrol.0.tool-change => carousel.N.enable
carousel.N.ready => iocontrol.0.tool-changed

But that won't do any sequencing of arms. locks, retract etc.

However axis retract can be configured in the INI, look at the various parameters in the EMCIO section:
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/config/ini....html#_emcio_section

More
25 Oct 2022 12:17 #255022 by andypugh
Addendum: The setup above requires a mill style G-code sequence:

M6 T2 G43

To configure lathe-style (ie T0202 for tool 2 offsets 2) is a little more config work.

More
25 Oct 2022 13:48 #255033 by smc.collins
i don't have any arms, just a rotating turret, it pushes out to unclamp and returns to clamp.

I'll setup some manyal switches and take some measurements this week.

More
25 Oct 2022 14:32 #255038 by andypugh
Is clamp-unclamp IO controlled?
Is there a sensor for unclamped?

If so:

tool_change => unclamp
unclamped => carousel enable
carousel ready => tool_changed (which releases tool_change)

More
25 Oct 2022 17:01 - 25 Oct 2022 22:04 #255046 by smc.collins
yes there is a switch 24vdc for the clamp and also one for turret lock, i just got the cover off yesterday so i can get in there now and really see how the entire mechanism works.

yes, the clamp is a hydrualic bypassing  valve, and the motor is also hydraulic. I'll post pics and some diagrams

So, the unclamp  valve is normally open, dumping fluid to the the return, when energized the solenoid pushes pressure out on the bevel spring release piston, un-clamping the turret and moving it out to the rotate position, disengaging the locking teeth, at this time a 24vdc switch is energized indicating that the turret is in the unclamp position. It has a depress accuracy of around 10 thousands, pretty good truth be told.

Then there is a another bypassing solenoid to supply the turret motor with rotation power. This solenoid is normally open as well, energizing it brings it to rotation speed in the CW direction facing the chuck. It does not reverse afaict, I see no bi-directional reversing valve so this turret only spins in one direction. 

There is also another switch to indicate something axially along the turret, according to the diagrams "which are notoriously inaccurate" it appears to show when the tool pocket is aligned to lock the turret correctly , when the turret is in a position where the tool is centered in the location and the clamp will successfully lock when the solenoid for the unclamp is deenergized.  I will verify this over the next few days. 

There are qty 3   24vdc switches making up a array to decode the turret position. I have the array logic here I will post it later. 

were you the guy who wanted the resolvers ?? Help me get this thing going, I will happily pay the freight for these to go anywhere in the world. I need help with the configuration programming for 4 things. I think I got the rest figured out and or I have time to muck with it

Turret tool changes
Spindle Voltage output configuration. why isn't this in the hal  by default or am I missing something ? 
2 speed gearbox. I am putting the brake on the enable circuit so if a Estop happens it locks the brake down and stops
c axis & coordinated motion. I am ok with using 2 axis outputs on the 7i77 for the C axis and spindle to not be shared on the same output. 

I can post my current config file later today. I am away from the machine at the moment. 

Also, is there any info on tuning the servos for the slant bed action of the X ? I know it will take less TQ going negative than positive. So I was curious how that would effect the ff1 gain settings for going downhill. By my estimation it should take 50% less TQ and maybe even braking going down the slope rather than up and I am sure I have noticed some position keeping behavior with the velocity output that indicates that the machine control pid is not happy here. I might also have my gain set to high in the servo drive as well.
Last edit: 25 Oct 2022 22:04 by smc.collins.

More
25 Oct 2022 22:25 #255065 by andypugh
Try the simple HAL-only carousel wiring that I have suggested first, I think it will probably work.

3 sensors only encodes 8 tool positions. If you have more than that then the sensors may be index, coarse position and fine position (though fine positioning seem unlikely with a single speed hydraulic motor)

Spindle control should have been set up by the config wizard, but it should be easy enough to set up manually if not.

I have a HAL component for a 2-speed gearbox on a lathe, it might be useful for you. Is it allowable to change gears with the spindle turning, ie is it opperated by clutches? If so then my component knows how to compare motor and spindle speeds and make gear shifts on the fly (but only during a G0 move)

To account for the tilted table you could consider adding bias to the PID, but generally speaking the PID just copes. Just about every milling machine has more weight hanging on the Z axis (or sometimes the Y) than your lathe.

More
26 Oct 2022 01:43 - 26 Oct 2022 02:03 #255070 by smc.collins
I was a bit mixed on how to bring in the carousel component, halcmd, compile it into the hal ? ? I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and the information is often contradictory with the amount of things to learn against the issues I am currently facing mechanically " which are my bread and butter", I'm on a mental overload at the moment. 

This was the method I was assuming I should use ?

sudo halcompile --install NAME_OF_COMP.comp

I'll post my config, I assume that the connections for the pins for the turret will need to be setup in the Hal file manually, I didn't see anything in Pnconf to allow for that.

I am getting zero output voltage even using a open loop test for spindle in Pnconf. My spindle is configured on the 7i77D, I also have a 7i76 on the machine as well just for extra IO. I know over time I will need ALL of this IO eventually to truly get this unit fully functional. 

I am unaware of the nature of the gear box, I think for now, it is safe to assume that we need to stop and do a orient to pickup the synchronizer assembly. My source information does show a hydraulic clutch, but I don't trust it. This drive can easily accelerate to speed very quickly, it's a brushed DC servo setup but 30hp worth of it. 
Last edit: 26 Oct 2022 02:03 by smc.collins.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds