Mesa

More
23 Oct 2015 10:09 - 23 Oct 2015 18:22 #64168 by LS
Mesa was created by LS
I recently made the decision to purchase a Mesa 5i25, and submitted the order through their online store. Around 13 days have now past and the order is still showing 'Pending' status, and I've not had any replies to emails.

Does any one know what's going on with Mesa?
Last edit: 23 Oct 2015 18:22 by LS.
The topic has been locked.
More
23 Oct 2015 19:25 #64176 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa

I recently made the decision to purchase a Mesa 5i25, and submitted the order through their online store. Around 13 days have now past and the order is still showing 'Pending' status, and I've not had any replies to emails.

Does any one know what's going on with Mesa?

They are overwhelmed by 5i25 orders and there is a backlog, as I understand it. My recent order placed 15th Sept arrived 20th Nov. (3 days was customs delays)

I think that their problem at the moment is that business is too good.
More
29 Oct 2015 08:10 #64423 by LS
Replied by LS on topic Mesa
I'm still a little confused. Their website shows 126 in stock. I've tried emailing them a few times but no replies.
More
13 Nov 2015 22:52 #65213 by perra_e
Replied by perra_e on topic Mesa
I have the same problem. I ordered one 7i80db, one 7i77 and one 7i73 10/16/2015. Alla are in stock according to the webshop.
I have sent two messeges from the webshop and one mail, but no respons on any of my questions!

Starting to be frustrating since I have to start build on my mill. An answer of any kind from them would have been appreciated.
In worst case I have to start looking for an altarnative solution, but I would certanly prefer linuxcnc and Mesa cards.
--Per
More
15 Nov 2015 12:25 #65278 by comjon
Replied by comjon on topic Mesa
They are overwhelmed with orders. It took three weeks fro my Spinx1 to arrive. They have a lot of OEMs to service.
More
15 Nov 2015 14:21 #65283 by perra_e
Ok. Positive problems then :)
I placed the order 10/16/2015, so it is 4 weeks with status Pending.
More
17 Nov 2015 06:54 #65356 by beefy
Replied by beefy on topic Mesa
For me it's been 5 weeks, 2 days and counting, for a single in stock board.

Like they seem to be doing to us small fish, my emails are being ignored too.

I don't consider ignoring customer communication "positive", quite the opposite. It's one of the most damaging things you can do with a customer.

Worse, I'm now hearing a rumour that Mesa doesn't want to deal with us little fish any more, and only wants to deal with OEM customers. Whether this is true or not, I can certainly bet they are not blatantly ignoring their OEM customers like they are ignoring us. Perhaps them not processing our tiny orders and ignoring our communication is the start of them getting rid of us small fish.

I mean c'mon, over 5 weeks and a single stock board can't be processed (packed and posted). If there's such a problem causing this then at least have a stock standard reply explaining why this is the case. They don't have to type out a whole new email reply for every customer that asks why their purchase is not being sent out for weeks on end.

But don't just ignore customers after taking their money.
More
17 Nov 2015 09:58 #65363 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa

Worse, I'm now hearing a rumour that Mesa doesn't want to deal with us little fish any more, and only wants to deal with OEM customers.

If that was the case I don't think that we would see the owner of Mesa on our IRC channel every evening and answering questions on this forum.

However, at the same time I find it hard to see how it can take so long to get round to shipping in-stock items. Even if they have to get a temp in to clear the backlog.
More
17 Nov 2015 10:43 #65366 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Mesa
well all i can add is that's one hell of a rumor , and i can probably say , as can a few of us that it's a load of rubbish ..
Mesa has been a big supporter of Linuxcnc for many years , and indeed spends a lot of this time on this actual Forum
just about every day .

yes they have had problems of late with suppliers , but they are working through a large backlog as quick as they can .
so just bear with them . you'll be glad you did in the end .

i can't see them not answering a customer either . i personally have never had a problem in communications
but yes it can happen , emails are not a guaranteed form of delivery .
More
17 Nov 2015 16:29 #65380 by perra_e
I have no problem with delay if they have a lot to do. I can understand that. But unfortunately it is a fact that they have not responded to any of my attempt to contact them. Two times with a form on their website and one mail. Not knowing what's going on is frustrating!
Will it take two more weeks or will it take two or more months? Some where is a limit where I have to look at an alternative solution, but I certanly hope that I don't have to.
Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds