Mesa

More
17 Nov 2015 17:24 #65385 by perra_e
Replied by perra_e on topic Mesa
I tried to send a new mail to Mesa, and this time I got an instant reply!
They confirmed that they are behind but they think they will catch up the next few weeks.
VERY nice to get a respons. Now I can wait again :)
The topic has been locked.
More
17 Nov 2015 17:32 #65386 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa
I apologize for our late deliveries, we are quite overrun with orders currently and on top of that I have
had some health problems I have needed to deal with. I will be back at work on Thursday of this week.

BTW we DO NOT take any money until the item is shipped
(The credit card company does put a temporary hold on the funds until captured by Mesa when shipped)
More
30 Nov 2015 12:38 #66101 by Einar
Replied by Einar on topic Mesa
Oops! I did not see this before ordering. Hopefully I will get the stuff before xmas. :(

And if I do I will need the cable connecting 5I25 and 7I78 as Mesa is out of Stock on the Plug and Go Kit With these boards. Is this any 1:1 male:male 25pin cable or does it have to be a special IEEEsomething like the USC from Pico Systems? If I ask locally for such a cable they don't know what it is.
More
30 Nov 2015 17:04 #66117 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Mesa
a standard cable will do , just make sure it's all 25pin to 25pin 1:1 , some are not , most are rated ieee 1284
More
05 Dec 2015 06:41 #66441 by beefy
Replied by beefy on topic Mesa

I apologize for our late deliveries, we are quite overrun with orders currently and on top of that I have
had some health problems I have needed to deal with. I will be back at work on Thursday of this week.

BTW we DO NOT take any money until the item is shipped
(The credit card company does put a temporary hold on the funds until captured by Mesa when shipped)

PCW

I tried (again) to contact Mesa via the customer login page and just like every other single time, no response, so I have no choice but to try and contact Mesa here. I don't like coming on a forum to do this but if Mesa won't answer me................................

It's now 8 weeks since I ordered an in stock THCAD-300 and it still hasn't been put in a box and sent out.

I asked two questions:

1). Could I get some sort of estimate of how long it will take Mesa to put my order in a box and send it out. The 2-3 weeks that I was initially told has turned into 8 so now I'm guessing this could go on for who knows how long.

2). The temporary hold on my credit card that you mentioned. Does it run out after a certain time period and thus when Mesa is finally ready to send out the card, will they not be able to get the funds from my card. If Mesa can't answer a simple question then I have no confidence they'll bother to contact me if the credit card hold does run out.

Keith.
More
05 Dec 2015 15:57 #66459 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa
The hold lasts 30 days
I will cancel your store order now
More
05 Dec 2015 20:55 - 05 Dec 2015 22:03 #66481 by beefy

The hold lasts 30 days
I will cancel your store order now

Thank you very much PCW for that extremely arrogant and indifferent reply.

Did I do something to deserve such treatment by you.

I came to your web store to buy a product you advertise for sale.
It never gets sent.
Mesa ignores all communication.
My previous post in this thread states I've already been waiting 5 weeks yet you don't mention that if that's the case your order was dead one week ago.
Mesa doesn't inform a customer that their credit card hold period has ran out and thus their order needs re-doing. Instead they just choose to ignore communication until a customer comes here in frustration.
Then, only when a custom has the foresight to wonder about the credit card hold period, do they get the blunt answer that you just gave.

Are you going to tell me that of all the thousands of orders Mesa has taken by credit card, there's not a simple system in place to inform a customer when their order has become dead and they need to re-order.

You are also clearly sending a message that if somebody is going to use their credit card to order, then don't bother because you can't get parts out for weeks on end, and the 4 week hold period will lapse. And Mesa won't even let them know about it.

No apology, no offer to re-order and Mesa will see to the order straight away. Why don't you just tell customers to p8#s off, and tell them you don't want their business.

All I was ever asking was for some idea of how long before Mesa can stick my board in a box and sent it out. Obviously way too much to ask.

I'll leave it up to others to decide if the rumour may be true that Mesa wants rid of us little fish so they can make the big money on the production runs with the OEMs like Tormach. I have no problem with that, you're in business to grow and make $$$ and production sales to OEMs is much better than one-offs to us individuals. You're a business not a charity so if you're wanting to move to greener pastures, fair enough.

But if that is the case then let everyone know, instead of this "kick in the teeth" treatment you just gave me. Are you willing to tell us here if this is what you are doing by treating customers this way. Is this "behind on orders" speech just a cover up for what your real intentions are.

Do you have any intention to do the right thing by me as a customer, or are you just leaving it at that. I've just spent the last eight weeks learning C programming and microcontrollers so I could interface to your board, and now I find out you don't seem to want to sell one to me.
Last edit: 05 Dec 2015 22:03 by beefy.
More
06 Dec 2015 01:34 #66491 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa

I've just spent the last eight weeks learning C programming and microcontrollers so I could interface to your board, and now I find out you don't seem to want to sell one to me.

Are you in the US or in Europe? If the latter, then they appear to be in stock here:
eusurplus.com/index.php?route=product/pr...ue&sub_category=true
The following user(s) said Thank You: beefy
More
06 Dec 2015 10:07 #66501 by beefy

I've just spent the last eight weeks learning C programming and microcontrollers so I could interface to your board, and now I find out you don't seem to want to sell one to me.

Are you in the US or in Europe? If the latter, then they appear to be in stock here:
eusurplus.com/index.php?route=product/pr...ue&sub_category=true

Thank you very much Andy, much appreciated.

I'm in Australia by the way but I think they ship there.

I'm absolutely fuming with what Mesa have done so if I can successfully purchase from this company I'll calm down a bit.

After my experience with the BS being advertised by Mesa and their "in stock" boards, I'll give this other company a call and ask if they truly have them in stock and are ready to be sent out.

I'm hoping their "in stock" really means that and they don't simply drop ship from Mesa. Otherwise I could be in this same situation all over again.

Thanks again.

Keith.
More
07 Dec 2015 17:59 - 07 Dec 2015 18:07 #66568 by beefy
Good news (nothing to do with PCW / Mesa).

First of all it's clear PCW / Mesa have no intentions of doing the right thing by a customer after what's happened. It's easier to just cancel a customers order and leave it at that.

I called EUSURPLUS and confirmed the board I want is actually in stock, and does not get dropshipped from Mesa themself. They said they have one there so I immediately ordered. He said he'd send it out same day. I get up in the morning and there's a couple of emails saying it's been shipped, and I get a consignment number, etc.

Now, whoever it was in this thread that blindly supported Mesa and said he just can't see it being possible that Mesa would ignore emails, the numbers of people having exactly that same experience is growing. And it's not just confined to us little guys. Take a look at this thread:

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/forum/27-driver-b...lus-mesa-stock#62857

Like myself, the poor EUSURPLUS guy had to come to this forum to get an answer. Obviously, even as a supplier, he was being ignored too. Poor guy had been the meat in the sandwich between Mesa and customers, and his reputation was getting damaged. This was back in September and nothing has changed.

I think it's becoming quite clear that Mesas answer to this over demand situation is to just ignore everyone, and not give a clear statement of what is happening, why in stock orders cannot be put in a box and shipped for weeks on end, etc. And the best bit, when the credit card funds hold expires after 30 days (and Mesa doesn't tell them LOL) just cancel their order.

Mesa, why don't you just suspend all orders to the little fish if you know you are not capable of sending them out. Start the orders again once it's not too much problem to put in stock parts in a box and send them out. You clearly have a huge logistics problem if your can't even do that, or answer enquiries (apart from your normal answer on the forums of "we have been flooded with OEM orders").

Or do you just want to keep all the little guys there as a safety net in case the OEM orders die off.
Last edit: 07 Dec 2015 18:07 by beefy.
Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds