Mesa

More
10 Dec 2015 15:35 #66735 by wrightsh
Replied by wrightsh on topic Mesa
So one possible solution would be to just use Amazon fulfillment services. I've never used them before but according to their help page you would basically make a product listing and ship all of your stock over to Amazon in a big box and they would take care of everything else for only a couple bucks per item:

services.amazon.com/fulfillment-by-amazo...tm?ld=SEUSFBAGOOGBAS

You could even make everything a little easier and stick both the low & standard profile PCI brackets in the same box and let us change it out if needed so that you only need a single 5i25 and a 6i25 listing. Even get rid of the plug n go kits as it just makes stocking more complex. Even just 4 listings, a 5i25, 6i25, 7i77 and 7i76 would take care of a lot of the communities needs.

This way will save a ton of time not having to deal with these 1 off purchases or emails asking why a product hasn't shipped yet. Even if we have to pay a little more I'm sure everyone would be glad to if it meant when you purchase the board the infrastructure is in place for it to get to you usually in 2 days or so instead of maybe in 8 weeks if I can get to it.

(I'm not trying to endorse Amazon but it just seems like letting a company with millions of dollars of infrastructure designed to manage & ship products is a better solution then one person having to deal with all of us)
The topic has been locked.
More
14 Dec 2015 11:34 - 14 Dec 2015 11:44 #66950 by beefy
Replied by beefy on topic Mesa
Looks like this has been going on for quite some time now, since at least March. And just like myself a buyers order was cancelled with the same indifference that I experienced:

www.cnczone.com/forums/linuxcnc-formerly...esa-electronics.html

I ended up going to Eusurplus and they sent my Mesa board out on the same day and I received it 6 days later, one day ahead of the estimated delivery time.

The tracking was fantastic too, every step in the journey was listed. Non of this "in transit" crap where you don't even know what country it's in. The day I got it the tracking said left depot for delivery and a couple of hours later it's at my door. A great experience overall.

Completely opposite to buying direct from Mesa (that was a stupid statement, I should have said TRYING to buy from Mesa).

Maybe Mesa needs to get some distributors going, if they have any plans at all to keep supplying to individuals (which I doubt). Or simply stop taking orders if they KNOW they cannot supply.

How long are they going to keep this going ??????????????????
Last edit: 14 Dec 2015 11:44 by beefy.
More
15 Dec 2015 01:20 #66993 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa
Just to chime in since i have been following this, i do understand your frustration and it is justified, i also understand mesa since i have to deal with manufacturing and everything related on daily basis, and i do have the utmost respect for PCW for not turning this into a fight (verbal, not literal).
From my experience with manufacturing i know that there are 3 components to a successful business as follows:
1.People - as can be verified on this forum, PCW is absolutely invaluable for anything related to mesa cards and his support is second to none.
2.Process - i have no clue how or what or why so i can not comment on this.
3.Product - the quality and functionality of mesa products (this is only from reading this forum, so feel free to verify my statement), is top notch.
As a customer you have every right to be frustrated and move on as you did, and i do respect that you stuck with their products, very much so, it just goes to show that there is more than one way to skin a cat (can i use that phrase ???).
On the other hand, by any law applicable in USA and in most countries, the provider of goods or services has every right to deny said product or service for whatever reason to anyone.
The moral of this is that whatever the reason mesa is having trouble delivering their product to costumers, they are loosing way more that just a customer, so it stands to reason that they might have a valid reason.
They are in it for money, and they would gladly supply anyone and everyone with their product since more product is more money for them, and i can bet my behind that they are doing everything in their power to fix that.
That said, i still stand by my conviction that i must get my hands on some mesa cards and put them to good use, hopefully in the spring if i get to USA.
With utmost respect,
Tom
Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds