Mesa VS Pico?

More
17 Dec 2015 15:01 #67091 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Mesa VS Pico?
Thanks! I figured that 15mA would not work for everything. I still need to figure out what the solenoid load will be.

Be sure to get SSRs with appropriate current ratings. The Pico SSRs are only rated for 15 ma. I had to get some crydom SSRs rated for 3 a for some of my applications.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2015 17:13 #67094 by Einar
Replied by Einar on topic Mesa VS Pico?
Thank you for your help.
I would certainly have ordered from emcPT if I knew that my order was not going out as promised.
And yes, I'm in Scandinavia, Norway to be more exact. Which means it will probably sit waiting for some days in customs clearance (actually VAT) adding to the shipping time.

@Jake: A low voltage relay load will ussually be less than 50mA. A solenoid could be more. If you find the specs on yours, that is usually a parameter given there. Remember to put in a flyback diode on your contactor if DC. A resistor/capacitor snubber if AC. And place that on your relay/solenoid. Not at the driver board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake

More
17 Dec 2015 17:26 #67095 by jmelson
Replied by jmelson on topic Mesa VS Pico?

Thanks! I figured that 15mA would not work for everything. I still need to figure out what the solenoid load will be.

Be sure to get SSRs with appropriate current ratings. The Pico SSRs are only rated for 15 ma. I had to get some crydom SSRs rated for 3 a for some of my applications.

Yes, I made these for enabling servo amps and VFDs. Crydom does make DC SSRs, but they are REALLY expensive, several times more than AC types.

Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake

More
17 Dec 2015 17:54 #67096 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Mesa VS Pico?
Thanks guys! Figuring out how many relays I need and which ones is on my list of stuff to do this weekend, so I can order them next week, if not tomorrow. Machine has air and power to it now, and its getting cleaner.

More
18 Dec 2015 10:03 - 18 Dec 2015 10:04 #67125 by tommy
Replied by tommy on topic Mesa VS Pico?
I'm using Pico systems (pwm servo) on my 5axis machine (home built) and received also very very good support, which means a lot to me as I'm inexperienced in electronics.
Last edit: 18 Dec 2015 10:04 by tommy.

More
18 Dec 2015 20:43 #67135 by aventtini
Replied by aventtini on topic Mesa VS Pico?
now i need 5pcs of 5i25 and they are not in stock for 2 weeks . Any news on the next weeks?

More
18 Dec 2015 21:05 #67137 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa VS Pico?
The store shows 118 in stock

More
19 Dec 2015 17:56 #67156 by aventtini
i just see it now but as a combo 7i77 its out of stock

More
01 Jan 2016 11:03 #67642 by Einar
Replied by Einar on topic Mesa VS Pico?

... I would certainly have ordered from emcPT if I knew that my order was not going out as promised.

For the record: The boards were not by far as delayed as some have reported. I got them first day after christmas.

More
22 Jan 2016 19:59 #68932 by aventtini
guys any news whit mesa i have tried to email and call no answer . i have a order from last 30.12 and no news

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds