Mesa in Australia?

More
26 Aug 2016 19:48 #79507 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Mesa in Australia?
Actually for individual cards my price is discounted and my international shipping charge is much less as I don't have to pay someone to do it, I work for free lol.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2016 21:26 #79513 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa in Australia?
I would second this, John is also likely faster to ship than us as well
The following user(s) said Thank You: BigJohnT

More
26 Aug 2016 22:24 #79517 by Spectre
Replied by Spectre on topic Mesa in Australia?
Johns price for the cards was the same for the 2 in the package with lead. Mesa shipped the next day but the international shipping charge was US61.00 which is almost 100 bucks aussie with the exchange rate. That was the sting in the tail but I wouldnt have paid it if I didnt think it was worth it. The cards were packed well though. Nice looking cards, well made too. I am happy with what I got but next time I will get them from John. I have plans for a couple more machines and I think this is what they will all be based on going by all the researching I have done on LCNC

More
26 Aug 2016 22:33 #79519 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Mesa in Australia?
For packages under $400 you can ship First Class International for about $25 and it rides on the same airplane to Australia as Priority.

JT

More
28 Aug 2016 04:46 #79578 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Mesa in Australia?
I'd just like to add my vote of confidence for Big John's Mesa store. I'm based in Brisbane, Australia and I thought the shipping price was very reasonable and the parts arrived in good time. Not only that John gave me a bit of advice and shared some files over a few emails which was very much appreciated.

John did say he could not wait to see my plasma up and running but sadly for John, the Mesa cards are still in the box while I have been building the machine from scratch. The Z is done, the Y is half done but I've changed the design a few times and I think I have settled on the final design today but have to get it drawn up yet. So many little things to consider. Anyway, hopefully I'll be onto the electronics in a few weeks so get ready for a raft of noob question on the forum..

More
28 Aug 2016 11:42 #79587 by Spectre
Where in Brissy are you? I am at Burpengary. Just got LCNC fired up on a computer...latency doesnt look that good on it but will have to read the manuals on. Made a file up on fusion360 and mach loads it fine but LCNC says it has a error with not being able to find a tool so no doubt I will be asking some questions in another thread :). I want to get across LCNC and its functions before hooking it up to my machine first off by the parallel port then once I get it working then I will put the 5I25 and sort that then fit the 7I76 to the machine

More
28 Aug 2016 12:48 - 28 Aug 2016 22:29 #79589 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Mesa in Australia?

Where in Brissy are you? I am at Burpengary. Just got LCNC fired up on a computer...latency doesnt look that good on it but will have to read the manuals on. Made a file up on fusion360 and mach loads it fine but LCNC says it has a error with not being able to find a tool so no doubt I will be asking some questions in another thread :). I want to get across LCNC and its functions before hooking it up to my machine first off by the parallel port then once I get it working then I will put the 5I25 and sort that then fit the 7I76 to the machine

I'm at Algester on the other side of town. My contact details are here

Funny, I've been running latency tests tonight as well while wading through the 700 page LCNC manual. I think I read somewhere that you need to set up the tools in LCNC to get them to work.. Latency is sitting on about 19,000 on an old MiniBox industrial PC so it should be fine with the 7i76E card with hardware step gen. I could never get it talking to a parallel port BOB hence my move to Mesa..
Last edit: 28 Aug 2016 22:29 by andypugh.

More
29 Aug 2016 02:37 #79633 by Spectre
Rod

I have setup a new machine with a PMDX-126 and a PMDX-107 and running on Mach 3 to make sure all the functions work as they should. Next is to get a LCNC PC to run out of the parallel port to the 126 and get used to LCNC then replace that port with the 5I25 to run as a parallel port make sure it all works still then take out the 126 and run the 7I76 in the machine. Learning LCNC seems to be the trick so far. I have a file that works on Mach3 but when I load it into LCNC it comes up with a missing tool number error. This maybe something I have done in Fusion 360 so going back to that first to make sure I have done all the CAM properly . Reading the LCNC manual is certainly some work there is a stack of info there you have to get your head around. I havent connected the LCNC PC yet to the machine but hopefully later this week

More
29 Aug 2016 19:36 #79685 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa in Australia?

I have a file that works on Mach3 but when I load it into LCNC it comes up with a missing tool number error.

I guess this means that there are tools in the Mach3 tool-table, or the Fusion tool-table that have not been put in the LinuxCNC tool-table.

More
30 Aug 2016 03:01 #79700 by Spectre
DOH !!! of course I am not thinking correctly. I found the tool table in LCNC last night and saw there was hardly anything there. So that will be the reason. Another question the stepconv wizard I would have though pulled all the info from the XML file but it doesnt. Even the steps per unit doesnt come across when you convert you have to manually put a lot of extra stuff in there

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds