How do I implement this to 7i76E?

More
24 Jun 2017 21:07 #94898 by rodw
Good that I made you think even if I don't know anything about servos! I think it makes sense to use the servo signals to keep the points of failure to a minimum.

I wondered when I read your first post if there was a floating input causing your flipper and if it could be fixed with a pull up or pull down resistor?

I wonder if you really do need the delay or is it all managed in the servo driver?
As an experiment, It might be worth wiring all of the servo amplifier outputs back to 7i76e inputs so you can see whats going on in Halshow

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2017 21:12 #94899 by tecno
Running gcode on Z-axis with short moves brake goes on/off all the time, my earlier DC servo setup I had did not behave this bad. The flippering sound drives you crazy = not good at all. There is no need to do it that way.

So using brake output is not an option.

More
24 Jun 2017 21:28 #94901 by rodw

Running gcode on Z-axis with short moves brake goes on/off all the time, my earlier DC servo setup I had did not behave this bad. The flippering sound drives you crazy = not good at all. There is no need to do it that way.

So using brake output is not an option.

Sorry, I'm out of my depth so I can't really help other than to say you can use the timedelay component to add your delay.

More
25 Jun 2017 03:24 #94905 by Todd Zuercher
I know I've seen several discussions on this subject on the forum. I would think the best solution is to use a signal derived from the servo enable signal. Such that when the servo is enabled the brake turns off a fraction of a second after the drive is enabled, then when the drive is disabled, the brake turns on a fraction of a second before the drive is disabled.

More
25 Jun 2017 13:36 #94920 by tecno
Another newbi question.

7i76E to feed 5VDC to 7i85S, from where do I pick up this 5VDC for the logic?
Can not find any information in 7i76E documentation.

More
25 Jun 2017 13:44 #94922 by PCW
Page 3
CONNECTOR 5V POWER
The following user(s) said Thank You: tecno

More
25 Jun 2017 13:51 - 25 Jun 2017 13:57 #94923 by tecno
Thanks Peter,

Not easy for a bloody foreigner ;) not having English as my first language to understand everything.
Sometimes too much text and very little pictures / drawings

W7,W12 UP is the way to do this I assume to feed 5V via DB conncetor?
Last edit: 25 Jun 2017 13:57 by tecno.

More
25 Jun 2017 14:10 #94924 by PCW
Yes,

W7 up for 5V to P1,

W12 up for 5V to P2
The following user(s) said Thank You: tecno

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds