Help with 7i76 spindle direction control Please!

More
27 Mar 2018 17:40 #107981 by Lcvette

The drive has special inputs for rigid tapping. You ought to be able to drive that from HAL by looking at motion.motion-type

Andy my firend who also has this drive and uses it but in the -/+10v methos via a 7i77 does not use the rigid tapping function on the spindle. he is just using linuxcnc to do it based on the spindle encoder feedback sync. I was assuming(hoping) this would be able to work the same. figured since the z movement was relative to spindle revolution it would be ok, am I wrong here?

we will be using the orientation and in position output for the ATC tool change to let the system know its ready to go to the next step, but I believe that was all of the specialty funtions we used of the drive. to date he has the ATC working and the is rigid tapping ... some sweet inspirational video clips below for viewing fun. the only reason I am going a bit different is because he had to run all of the wiring from the back of the machine to the front for the mesa cards and I wanted to bring the mesa cards to the back of the machine. he also is running an inturn and is using both the 7i76 and 7i77 and had the 7i77 running the mill spindle and the 7i76 running the inturn lathe spindle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2018 17:57 #107984 by andypugh
Ignoring the rigid-tapping input is probably OK, I didn't even work out what it did. (is it just a fast-reversal?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
27 Mar 2018 18:01 #107986 by Lcvette
ok, so I have updated the schematic, if you get a moment, and can take a peak to make sure i followed properly that would be great!

I am not sure if I should have gone the opposite with the 24v and 0v.. that always confuses me.. the sinking, sourcing etc.. i get a block when it comes to fully grasping it and it frustrates me. does this look correct?

Thanks Andy you have been a tremendous help!

Chris

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
27 Mar 2018 18:04 #107987 by Lcvette

Ignoring the rigid-tapping input is probably OK, I didn't even work out what it did. (is it just a fast-reversal?)

from my limited understanding, i believe it switches over from analog to a pulse operation in which the spindle servo is then driven like an axis so that it can be used to do rigid tapping on a system without a feedback loop. does that make sense??? I could be really wrong here..lol

More
27 Mar 2018 18:14 #107988 by Lcvette
wait.. you mean "fwd to spindle on as in enable? like this?

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

More
30 Mar 2018 19:14 #108119 by andypugh
I don't find those docs at all clear (yours are fine, I mean the drive docs).
It has bidirectional optos (which I have not seen before)

I think your diagram looks OK from the point of view of FWD / REV.
So I guess the question is, does it work?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
30 Mar 2018 20:34 #108135 by Lcvette

I don't find those docs at all clear (yours are fine, I mean the drive docs).
It has bidirectional optos (which I have not seen before)

I think your diagram looks OK from the point of view of FWD / REV.
So I guess the question is, does it work?

well, it appears to look correct to me now that i got a gentle nudge in the right direction..lol so I will assume it will. I have not yet started making the physical connections yet, I am just completing the assembly of the front control panel, computer, keyboard, buttons, shuttle pro, monitor power run etc.. once i'm done there (hopefully over the weekend, will be making a small din mount in the back cabinet area for the mesa cards and will begin putting my schematic to use running wires! after that I need to load linuxcnc and start testing I suppose..

thats when I will be most affraid......

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds