Mesa 5i25 & 7i77: connecting encoder + one servo motor

More
01 Jan 2019 13:49 #123266 by Marki123
First a big thank to PCW! I wish you a happy new year... Not as sure with the Drive Control and the reference switch as these are to be connected to the 7I77 properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2019 11:27 #123403 by Marki123
Hi, now I have a problem with the servomotors. I have connected the servos according to scheme. If I move the Y-axis, it works too. If I now close the Z-axis, the Z-axis moves totally uncontrolled. When I move the Y-axis by hand, the position in the terminal changes. If I close the Z-axis and move the Z-axis with my hand, the position in the terminal moves on the Z-axis and Y-axis. Does anyone know such a problem? Possibly. is it on GND .. I'm not on it unfortunately ..
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2019 15:04 #123408 by Todd Zuercher
I have heard of such things. The encoder inputs on the 7i77 are muxed, so that they need half as many input pins on the FPGA. If the 7i77 encoder input is damaged you can get this result. Can you try connecting the Z-axis encoder to another encoder input on the 7i77 (just swap the plug) if you have an unused one. A problem with the mux signal between the 7i77 and 5i25 can cause this and Peter also mention a grounding problem with the encoder on another thread. So check your wiring, reseat the plugs and parallel cable, and see if things are better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marki123

More
04 Jan 2019 16:57 #123486 by Marki123
Hi Todd, thanks for the information. I will change the cables and try to try it

More
04 Jan 2019 17:07 #123487 by Marki123
I would like to test the spindle in with the 7i77. Can someone tell me how to wire the spindle to the 7i77. I'm not sure about the pinouts. Unfortunately, I can not read the plans like this
Attachments:

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds