AMC servo drives pictures

More
20 Oct 2018 17:15 #119125 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic AMC servo drives pictures
It is the same thing. Tachs are wired backward of what you think, if you wire them positive, the motors will run away. Those drives should work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2020 17:04 #159889 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic AMC servo drives pictures
I'm actually going with the same drives. AMC BE25A20H. The noise of the old sd drives was getting to me. I feel like my ears are ringing at the end of the day.
My question is, do you guys use different current limiting settings on the Z than from say the X and Y? My motors are SEM I believe 5.5 A RMS, peek pulse 30A. I configured the X so far for those amp settings but I'm not sure if it makes sense to limit the Z further to protect the drive mechanism. Its on a BP Knee mill with a rather weak design Z quill drive. Anyone know what was suggested for the original anilam setup? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way around?

TIA

More
13 Mar 2020 00:39 #159967 by jmelson
Replied by jmelson on topic AMC servo drives pictures
The old manual Bridgeport heads had a power feed clutch that was supposed to be set to 200 Lbs of linear force. You could probably drive the empty spindle down onto a bathroom scale to see what linear force it is capable of and set your current limit for that. I'm guessing the SEM motors could far exceed that much force at full current.

Jon

More
13 Mar 2020 13:37 #160014 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic AMC servo drives pictures
Jon,

Interesting, I did not think of that. Anyone know what Anilam suggested for their setup? Running and peek amp settings? What do you guys have it set at? I'm reluctant to decipher the pots on the old drives. Ideally I don't want the axis to fault during rapids but do when pushed too hard.

More
14 Mar 2020 15:34 #160182 by OT-CNC

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds