AMC drive J1 removal.

More
11 Apr 2020 13:39 #163610 by Catch22
Ok so I've been told if I remove J1 off of the servo drive it will reverse the inhibit.
I have found the marking on the board and just want to make sure I'm removing the right one. In the picture there is a 000 and a 1002, I think it's the 1002 but hopefully someone else can verify this for me. Also what is the best way to remove it if anyone has done this before.
Thanks Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2020 13:43 #163611 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic AMC drive J1 removal.
It should be the 000 from the markings and since it's resistance is 0. The 1002 is a 1KOhm resistor so removing it is not adviseable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

More
11 Apr 2020 15:13 #163623 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic AMC drive J1 removal.
Catch22

Are you sure you need to modify the board on your drives?
Does your drive led go green when applying power? If so it's enabled. If you pull the enable pin to ground pin it should be disabled (double check your docs) unless your drive has an invert designation on the model number.
I switch mine on off on the ac side before the cap with an ssr but may do an additional enable/disable either with a rely or directly from the 7i77. But have to check 1st with docs or PCW on the requirements. I just see an undesirable effect on power down that makes the motors drift a small amount.

More
11 Apr 2020 15:52 #163630 by Catch22
Replied by Catch22 on topic AMC drive J1 removal.
You did say to try a 1KOhm resistor between the inhibit and signal ground but I only have 2.7k resistor will that work or is that to much.

More
11 Apr 2020 20:08 #163652 by Catch22

Catch22

Are you sure you need to modify the board on your drives?
Does your drive led go green when applying power? If so it's enabled. If you pull the enable pin to ground pin it should be disabled (double check your docs) unless your drive has an invert designation on the model number.
I switch mine on off on the ac side before the cap with an ssr but may do an additional enable/disable either with a rely or directly from the 7i77. But have to check 1st with docs or PCW on the requirements. I just see an undesirable effect on power down that makes the motors drift a small amount.

Yes it goes green when powered up, I am pretty confused about this part, I just want to do the easiest possible solution, I am so close to getting this mill going, and I'm getting frustrated. If someone had a diagram showing me how to wire it that would be awesome, but I have looked everywhere on the net and nothing.

More
11 Apr 2020 21:12 #163656 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic AMC drive J1 removal.
Sorry, I haven't made the time to document the wiring or else I'd share it.
How were the previous drives enabled on your machine? On my old Anilam, there is a SSR under the relay board that turned on power to the ac and dc converter. Maybe there is large contactor on your machine that you could switch on via another relay and the 7i77?

More
11 Apr 2020 21:13 #163657 by tommylight

You did say to try a 1KOhm resistor between the inhibit and signal ground but I only have 2.7k resistor will that work or is that to much.

This was the easiest solution, try it.
If it does not work with a 2.7K, try two in parallel, or 3 or even 4.

More
12 Apr 2020 01:21 #163693 by Catch22

I tried it and it worked, the drive was not enabled, now where do I wire the enable from the 7i77 to on the drive? Do I still go to inhibit?

More
12 Apr 2020 01:23 #163694 by Catch22

Sorry, I haven't made the time to document the wiring or else I'd share it.
How were the previous drives enabled on your machine? On my old Anilam, there is a SSR under the relay board that turned on power to the ac and dc converter. Maybe there is large contactor on your machine that you could switch on via another relay and the 7i77?

Yes mine was the same, a SSR under a board.

More
12 Apr 2020 02:21 #163709 by tommylight

I tried it and it worked, the drive was not enabled, now where do I wire the enable from the 7i77 to on the drive? Do I still go to inhibit?

Yes.
Did it work with one only ?

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds