AMC drive J1 removal.

More
13 Apr 2020 16:38 #163882 by Catch22
Replied by Catch22 on topic AMC drive J1 removal.

Let me guess, the drive with the clear tape on it is giving you trouble? I bought 2 off fleabay both had ugly clear packing tape on it as a "warranty " label. Was made to look like factory protectant covering to trick buyer into thinking it's new. Well, both of mine were duds. I was told if I removed the covering they would not refund. Seller T**-*i did make good on the return. So heads up, if this is from the same seller. Don't expect it to work.

Yup you are right, I actually bought 3 off of him and 2 don't work, but unfortunately for me I bought them a year ago and I tried getting ahold of him to let him know but no reply.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2020 16:40 #163884 by Catch22
Replied by Catch22 on topic AMC drive J1 removal.

Ya I got in a bit of a hurry, and with the 2.7 ohm resistor I thought I would try and touch 5v to the inhibit, big mistake as it blew a bunch of fuses in the panel and I think it fried the drive also.

Is it a 2.7 Ohm or 2.7KOhm ?
That is a huge difference.
2.7Ohm will not work, but the drive should be OK.
There is the +10V 3mA output on the drive, so that would work for the other wire.

You are the man tommylight, it works now.
Thanks so much, you don't know how much I really appreciate it.
Thanks Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
13 Apr 2020 17:10 #163888 by OT-CNC
Replied by OT-CNC on topic AMC drive J1 removal.

Yup you are right, I actually bought 3 off of him and 2 don't work, but unfortunately for me I bought them a year ago and I tried getting ahold of him to let him know but no reply.

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't like dishonest sellers.
It was just my luck that the 1st one I tried setting up just worked poorly enough to make me think I was doing things wrong. It kept faulting out. I ended up wasting a lot of time fiddling with pot settings. Once I moved on to the 2nd one, which didn't turn on, it became obvious that the drives were damaged. One had blown components on the board.
In the future, I will always remove the cover and inspect the electronics on fleabay stuff. Regardless of weather the seller lists it as "new".
Also, set all pot/dipswitch settings to manufacturer recommendations then test the drive with a 1.5v battery on the analog control before hooking up to linuxcnc to prove that it can rotate motor cw/ccw. Just to rule out further problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

More
13 Apr 2020 17:31 #163891 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic AMC drive J1 removal.

Ya I got in a bit of a hurry, and with the 2.7 ohm resistor I thought I would try and touch 5v to the inhibit, big mistake as it blew a bunch of fuses in the panel and I think it fried the drive also.

Is it a 2.7 Ohm or 2.7KOhm ?
That is a huge difference.
2.7Ohm will not work, but the drive should be OK.
There is the +10V 3mA output on the drive, so that would work for the other wire.

You are the man tommylight, it works now.
Thanks so much, you don't know how much I really appreciate it.
Thanks Mike

You are welcomed, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catch22

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds