12V and 5V control board?

More
11 Oct 2022 21:31 #253984 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic 12V and 5V control board?

it's starting to get complicated ...

It does get surprisingly complicated, with sourcing or sinking inputs and outputs, different voltages etc. I usually sketch up a small schematic of the different inputs and outputs. It takes a little bit of time, but it's time well invested since it makes things so much easier going forward (and may even prevent damage to the IOs). Having it on paper makes it so much easier to see where the current goes, when you need pull-ups or pull-downs, when you need voltage level conversion etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2022 07:14 #254002 by clayd_lopunk
Yes, I tried to make some written diagrams, and I am inundated with notes. xD

I measured the voltage on the drive board input and it is 12V for all outputs and they are active LOW. The inputs instead are at 5V, I have to understand how to wire everything and connect it to linuxcnc.
For my 12V LOW outputs I would need to use the resistors mentioned by tommylight, I don't understand if these should be wired or micro-welded? Can't I use the adapter that Aciera linked to?

it.aliexpress.com/item/4000459030365.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

For my 5V inputs, on the other hand, should the IDC40 clamp adapter be sufficient, which then sends the wires to the MESA card, or another control card?

Thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds