Mesa Configuration Tool

More
01 Oct 2023 19:40 #282018 by ErrickW
I have installed mesact 2.0.3 and have a problem with the board select drop down list. The lines for 5i24/6i24, and 7i80DB-25 thru 7i80DH-TS are all dimmed and can not be selected. Anyone know how to fix this?

Debian 12
LinucCNC 2.9.0
6.1.0-12-rt-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_RT Debian 6.1.52-1 (2023-09-07) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Mesaflash version 3.4.8

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2023 21:30 #282023 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa Configuration Tool
This is just a guess, but it seems there is no support for those cards yet, MesaCT is still under active development from a single person, JT, so if anyone reading this can help him, please do.
It is on github.
In the meantime, try PncConf, it is included with LinuxCNC, but you probably already know this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErrickW, gothia

More
01 Oct 2023 21:46 #282028 by ErrickW
Replied by ErrickW on topic Mesa Configuration Tool
Yes PncConf does work and does a fairly good job. The only issue is I like to try every available tool to do a job to see how they work and which one works best for what I do. I have looked at JT's source code but I did not see any thing that stuck out that would disable these cards. I am not a python programmer, I know far more about pascal/Lazarus.

More
01 Oct 2023 22:00 #282031 by tommylight
If you can, please wait for JT to see this.
-
Pascal? The Turbo Pascal or the plain version?
Back in the day, me and a friend started programing a PC Desktop environment in Turbo Pascal, in about two-three days we had some working windows with some content that could be moved around and switched to/from, then i went to to serve in the army and never got back to it.

More
02 Oct 2023 09:03 - 02 Oct 2023 09:03 #282051 by ErrickW
Back in the eighties Turbo Pascal, Basic and C then C++ from Borland all on dos. Then on to Delphi on Windows 3.0 In the nineties I started learning and using Linux. I am not a team player programmer. I have an ugly hack and burn kamikaze style all my own. I just get a program to do what I need then it's off to something else.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2023 09:03 by ErrickW.

More
02 Oct 2023 09:15 #282053 by ErrickW
I just looked thru more of JT's source code and found where those boards are disabled. Maybe I can find a way to help JT get things working. I have some time and quite a few of mesa's boards so I can at the very least help with testing. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, JT

More
05 Oct 2023 12:37 - 05 Oct 2023 12:39 #282359 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Mesa Configuration Tool
I disabled them when creating Mesa Configuration Tool II until I have time to program the configuration creation for those boards. The Mesa Configuration Tool I has those boards enabled but not the newer boards. I welcome and PR's to enable those boards. Just keep the code similar to mine and use tabs, not spaces.

The biggest problem is not having the boards to test with and they are no longer in production.

JT
Last edit: 05 Oct 2023 12:39 by JT.

More
05 Oct 2023 13:40 #282362 by ErrickW
"The biggest problem is not having the boards to test with and they are no longer in production." I bought my first Mesa board back around 2005 (I think) it was either a 5i23 or 7i43. I have all ways preferred the IDE PCI/PCIe boards 5i23 5i24, 6i24 but have started trying some of the Ethernet boards like the 7i80HDT. My collection of boards in use and on the shelf is around 35-40.

I have looked at your source code a few times and think I may take a shot at some of it, I'll see how it goes.

Do you know what boards PCW has discontinued? It would be nice if that information was on his web site or have I just missed it? 

Errick

More
05 Oct 2023 16:31 #282377 by tommylight

My collection of boards in use and on the shelf is around 35-40.

You win, currently i have around 12 on machines and 7-8 in the workshop. :(

More
05 Oct 2023 17:23 #282384 by ErrickW
It's nice to have toys er ah Tools, yes tools that's it tools and supplies to do a job, test and tinker with. 
I am sure PCW doesn't mind!

Errick

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds