Mesa Configuration Tool

More
05 Oct 2023 17:37 #282385 by JT
Replied by JT on topic Mesa Configuration Tool

Do you know what boards PCW has discontinued? It would be nice if that information was on his web site or have I just missed it? 
Errick

All the boards that had the Spartan 6 FPGA can no longer be produced since they shut that factory down. They are being redesigned to use a FPGA chip that is available. Along with other chip shortages...

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2023 19:37 #282392 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa Configuration Tool
Latest from PCW/Mesa
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/50187-6i24-16#282391
Limited supply, still better than nothing.

More
05 Oct 2023 19:41 #282393 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Mesa Configuration Tool

It's nice to have toys er ah Tools, yes tools that's it tools and supplies to do a job, test and tinker with. 
I am sure PCW doesn't mind!

Very good tools, very reliable, and that is by far my most important feature.
As for PCW/Mesa, every Mesa board i got i had to pay at least twice the price, still there is nothing that i pay more gladly and willingly. :)

More
10 Oct 2023 18:22 #282694 by SkyMoCo
Replied by SkyMoCo on topic Mesa Configuration Tool
Thought I would try this out on a new build. I think I have all the details entered to do a simple test (new machine with new servos), but I get errors about "Joint 0 Analog Min limit must not be blank" and it isn't blank. At least that's what it looks like to me.
Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2023 11:16 #282808 by JT

Thought I would try this out on a new build. I think I have all the details entered to do a simple test (new machine with new servos), but I get errors about "Joint 0 Analog Min limit must not be blank" and it isn't blank. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Can you attach your ini file so I can see what's going on and fix it.

JT

More
13 Oct 2023 03:34 #282863 by SkyMoCo
Thanks JT. I know I didn't provide much detail and at the moment I am out camping so I cannot do much better until I get back next week.. From memory, I started out with nothing, a fresh install of Debian 12 and LinuxCNC.

Flashed the cards
"mesaflash --device 7I92T --addr 192.168.1.121 --write 7i92t_7i77x2d.bin"

Then installed the mesact from the debian package.

Started mesact, picked my card combo, then picked joint0. From there all I did was fill in the info in the tab boxes {PIN|HOMING|ANALOG|ENCODER| and that populated the details for each axis. I did'nt put anything there, I finally got it working by putting the values in there myself. I believe I ended up filling those values in by hand and that got rid of the error. sorry for the crappy explanation. I'll make a video or something when I get back and show you. Really appreciate the tool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JT, gothia

More
20 Oct 2023 03:43 #283338 by SkyMoCo
I tried to replicate what I did last week and I cannot get that same error, so who knows was I was doing wrong...

I tried again tonight and it worked for the most part until I went to write the config and it gave a program error. See attached screenshot, happy to provide more details if they help or log an issue.
Attachments:

More
20 Oct 2023 10:48 - 20 Oct 2023 10:49 #283348 by JT
The latest build date is 10-17-2023 and the last version was 2.0.4 so you need to download a fresh copy of the deb and install it.

I just released 2.0.5 with many improvements and bug fixes.

JT
Last edit: 20 Oct 2023 10:49 by JT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErrickW, gothia

More
20 Oct 2023 16:36 #283362 by SkyMoCo
Latest version fixed my issues!! One nitpicky thing. I downloaded 2.0.5 but the screen still shows 2.0.4. Screenshot and install log attached.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JT

More
20 Oct 2023 17:02 #283363 by JT
I forgot to upload the deb after changing the version in mesact, all fixed now. Download 2.0.5 again and install and the change will show up.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: ErrickW, gothia

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds