Cincinnati Lathe-new project

More
26 Dec 2012 04:46 - 26 Dec 2012 04:53 #28034 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic Cincinnati Lathe-new project
Ive been workn on the Cinci in my spare time over the last month.The machine uses a5i25/7i77 combo with a opto g416i rack to control the AC outputs(this rack can be run in positive true logic).The control panel was rewired and connected to a 7i84 and IT WORKS REAL GOOD, a snap to set up.

The machine has a 12 station bi directional duplimatic turret and a 20hp Hitachi spindle drive.The original Siemens axis drives will be retained for as long as they work..The drives are ac with tachs,so they use velocity feed back and are much easier to tune the current mode amps.All the machine logic is written in C.Advice for any one using a BCD encoder for counting tool positions,if at all possible use a parity bit to confirm where you are.It is VERY easy to get a race condition from tool to tool.

Not my best video...the machine needs a good cleaning/derusting.It has been sitting unused for 5 years in the Fl humidity,my shop slave has some scotchbriting to do...

Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Dec 2012 04:53 by JR1050. Reason: neede to fix last sentence

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2012 05:24 #28035 by BigJohnT
Looking good!

All you need now is some ngcgui tabs and your complete.

John

More
26 Dec 2012 07:50 #28036 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Cincinnati Lathe-new project
I should mention that if you have a lot of AC I/O, a 7I69 will make wiring to module racks easier by using standard 24 I/O 50 pin TTL driven racks.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds