Light Machine Corp. Benchman XTr (retrofit)

More
12 Dec 2016 21:22 #83987 by dynamyte24
You're correct TG, there's no encoder on the 45K spindles as there is no need to position for tool change.
Have you got wiring diagrams for your machines?

The outfit that rebuilt my spare is: www.centerline-inc.com/

Rex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2016 21:45 #83995 by TGTROPIC
I have wiring in PDF from Intelitek.

More
14 Dec 2016 15:42 #84096 by TGTROPIC
Rex,
I think schematic is attached....
TG
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MacGalempsy, cncamateur

More
14 Dec 2016 17:38 #84108 by steve_a
Wow TG TROPIC. This is impressive! Got any other schematics? Looks like you can check a lot by just looking at the board. The power supply LEDs are LED 1-5 Are those all lit?

More
14 Dec 2016 17:56 #84111 by TGTROPIC
Steve,Yep...looks like pretty much EVERYTHING doesnt it.
We have had the machines about 10 years and JUST got these about 1 month ago.

anyways, 1-5 all lit.
TG

More
14 Dec 2016 21:03 #84126 by steve_a
Too bad... a missing power supply would have explained all the symptoms. I assume they are still the same. Just to clarify, can you move the table and z axis before you try to run the spindle? and are any other LEDs lit? Just trying to see what might be deliberate for safety and what is an actual error. AND there's a BIG "Uhoh".... looking at page 6, there are all the spindle control signals. They come from the J1 connector and go to the J35. The J35, I assume, goes to the spindle speed controller, which the sheets say is an EMS Speed controller for 45K Spindle. Mine is a 5K machine so I can't help you with that one. The "Uhoh" is because J1 is from that Nextmove Card in the computer. That's a $1000 board if you can find it. It was the reason my machine originally crashed before I bought it. You could try swapping the computer with one of the working units, but the risk is taking out a working card if whatever caused the original card to die is still present. I wouldn't do it. I could still be something on the control board but the Nextmove card is notorious for dying.
Anyway, its hard to say what is the issue. Someone with a 45K might have a way to test the EMS speed controller.

More
14 Dec 2016 23:14 #84130 by dynamyte24
TG,

Thanx a TON for the schematics. I have had no luck getting anything other than, "We no longer support that machine!",
from my phone and email contacts with Intellitek.

Do any of your machines have a 4th axis?
In all of the searching I have done, mine is the only one I've seen with the cabinet extensions to accommodate the
longer table and increased X axis travel.

Rex

More
15 Dec 2016 13:10 #84160 by TGTROPIC
Rex,
they did help for a while but has taken MONTHS to get to the point where they finally threw up hands, sent schematics and said " here you try to fix". Machines were purchase new and within 2 years the rep had dropped them so we have been dealing with Intelitek for about 8 years with slow, occasional assistance. it helps that I have names and direct contact numbers to blow up email and VM but they are not real quick in responding.
we do not have a 4th machine I have never actually seen one live.

More
15 Dec 2016 13:49 #84162 by TGTROPIC
Steve,
we are not able to move the table at all either. when using the arrows on teh PC to move we get " Amps could not be enabled. If problem persists please contact tech support"
LED1 ON
LED2 ON
LED3 ON
LED4 ON
LED5 ON
LED6 ON
LED7 OFF
LED8 OFF
LED9 OFF
LED10 OFF
LED11 ON
LED12 ON
LED13 ON
LED14 OFF

I have swapped the computer from another machine that is presently working with no success.
we have a spare controller that we swapped out and with no change.
Thanks SO MUCH for continued help guys!!
TG

More
15 Dec 2016 18:58 #84213 by steve_a
TG Tropic, I suspect the servo amps all have their status LED lit Green not Red? Also, have you ohmed out F5 (fuse 5) ? I can't imagine Light machines working on this board and not checking that but you never know.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds