Lagunmatic 3516-SX Retrofit

More
23 Dec 2016 15:39 #84619 by giz
Replied by giz on topic Lagunmatic 3516-SX Retrofit
I have all the parts to start the retrofit but I haven't been able to find the time to dive in. How far along are you?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2016 20:19 #84647 by lunada
Replied by lunada on topic Lagunmatic 3516-SX Retrofit
i have mine all wired up aside from the buttons on the front panel (i need to buy a 7i84 because i ran out of inputs on the 7i77). It's moving, and some things work, but i have a ways to go.
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

More
23 Dec 2016 20:49 #84650 by giz
That looks great, very jealous right now. Any details you can share I'd really appreciate.

What boards are your servo amps plugged into?

More
23 Dec 2016 21:28 - 23 Dec 2016 21:33 #84651 by lunada
thanks!
I'm using something like these, except the female version i believe: www.ebay.com/itm/DB37-Male-Signals-Break...2:g:xw8AAOSwPe1T6a1Q

i made brackets for din rail mounts so they are all on din rail. it's still not finished, i need to mount and wire in the 24v power supply a little cleaner, and so it stays on when i kill machine power, since the 7i77 will throw a fit if you kill field power with linux running.

This machine is super easy to wire. with the schematics and breakout boards. The only thing i screwed up is the limit switches... i decided to share them (+ and - switches on the same input), which doesnt work since they happen to be NC switches. Easy fix though.
Last edit: 23 Dec 2016 21:33 by lunada.

More
11 Jan 2017 21:30 #85625 by giz
lunada - how is progress going? I am planning to pick this back up come February.

I'd love to piggyback off your progress if you don't mind sharing your config files. Do you have the ATC figured out yet?

More
14 Jan 2017 19:18 #85776 by lunada
i have the servos mostly tuned, and thats about it. i've had to work on other things around here so it'll be on the back burner for a week or two. remind me in a few weeks if i forget and ill give you the config files when i get a little further on them

More
17 Jan 2017 21:22 #86003 by giz
Awesome - will do! Good luck

More
03 Feb 2017 16:31 #87223 by lunada
i havent forgotten about uploading the files, i'm nearly done with them. i hit a snag with a mechanical problem, but i got most of it working, including the toolchanger. I'll upload the files once i'm done. How's yours going?

More
03 Feb 2017 16:49 #87226 by giz

i havent forgotten about uploading the files, i'm nearly done with them. i hit a snag with a mechanical problem, but i got most of it working, including the toolchanger. I'll upload the files once i'm done. How's yours going?

That is awesome! Good job, I'm really excited to see yours up and running.

The only thing I've been able to do on my end is order some breakout boards and start planning out the layout of the computer and VFD in their respective cabinets. It has been slow going.

I also ran into a mechanical problem I need to deal with. It looks like my spindle motor fan is dead so I need to source a replacement.

More
03 Feb 2017 16:57 #87227 by lunada
The nice thing is the existing wiring is well laid out and the schematics are good, so i could easily bench wire the sub panel with the breakout boards and computer. I've never had one go that smoothly.
That sucks about the spindle fan, but i wouldnt imagine it would be too difficult to replace. My gearmotor for the toolchanger carousel had some stripped teeth, so it failed after my second toolchange. i was fortunate enough to find one on ebay though.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds