Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
14 Aug 2017 15:48 - 14 Aug 2017 15:56 #97462 by dgarrett

But that is only available in the master / 2.8 version.

not so, 2.7:
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man1/sim_pin.1.html

and can't set a pin that is connected to a signal.

not strictly true, the requirement is no existing *writers* so a signal with readers only can be
used with sim_pin
Last edit: 14 Aug 2017 15:56 by dgarrett.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2017 15:49 #97463 by ihavenofish
thanks, ill look at that,

More
14 Aug 2017 19:22 #97480 by ihavenofish
question about door interlock function. ive got a key lock on the front panel i want to use for a door sensor override.

basically, door closed, everything is fast and normal. door open and jogging rapids are restricted and program wont run. turn door interlock key, and it overrides letting programs run, but STILL restricts jogging and maybe even programmed rapids.

something like that anyway.

so, is this where adaptive feed control comes in? or is that something else entirely?

thanks.

More
14 Aug 2017 20:43 #97483 by ihavenofish
more questions :)

anyone use linuxcnc without a mouse?

my control panel goal (re using the brother panel partially) will be to have a 10" display NON touch pad. i will then have a custom made keyboard panel with qwerty keys, some extra buttons and leds..this should behave as a 100% normal keyboard as far as linux is concerned, with hotkeys set in linuxcnc to make use of the special button layout.

i do NOT want a mouse or touchpad however at least for normal use. how does one navigate in linux and linuxcnc without a mouse efficiently? is it just keyboard shortcuts / tab / cursor / etc to get around the ui? this is only for normal running. for setup and servicing and the like, i can just hook up a mouse.

eventually ill mod the ui, fur for now ill just be using axis as is.

More
14 Aug 2017 21:24 #97484 by andypugh

basically, door closed, everything is fast and normal. door open and jogging rapids are restricted and program wont run. turn door interlock key, and it overrides letting programs run, but STILL restricts jogging and maybe even programmed rapids.

That sounds like an interesting config.

The way I would do it would be with "mux" components, so that they pass through the normal feed-override from the GUI when the "select" is one way, and pass through a fixed value when the select is the other way.

More
14 Aug 2017 21:26 #97485 by andypugh

anyone use linuxcnc without a mouse?.

Axis has keyboard shortcuts for most things, why not try it in a sim?

Some are not so well documented, for example the number-row sets feed override.

More
14 Aug 2017 21:31 #97486 by ihavenofish

anyone use linuxcnc without a mouse?.

Axis has keyboard shortcuts for most things, why not try it in a sim?

Some are not so well documented, for example the number-row sets feed override.

ok cool. im at work so im just "thinking out loud". ill give it a poke when i get back to the shop tonight. thanks.

More
14 Aug 2017 21:37 #97487 by ihavenofish

That sounds like an interesting config.

The way I would do it would be with "mux" components, so that they pass through the normal feed-override from the GUI when the "select" is one way, and pass through a fixed value when the select is the other way.

ok, that sounds like what i was reading i think. ill try that out in a few days. this machine didnt have a door interlock switch. the tc229 does. im going to just use an induction switch i happen to have handy. the key on the front was actually for memory write protection - which we no longer need.

it will be a good feature as ill be leaving someone else run the machine while im out on occasion, so it will at least help prevent some safety hazards and screw ups :)

my maho HMC has a door interlock/override as well, but its straight up e stop. thats too brute force for my liking.

More
15 Aug 2017 05:03 #97492 by ihavenofish
boom

or is that zoom :P

so, home and limits all work. z still needs to be tuned, x and y seem.. "adequate" for now.

I learned that the z limit is at the very top. the atc home is below that (barely). that makes some sense now that I think about it, as you can manual tool change by moving the z up to the limit.

so, time to figure out the atc!

More
16 Aug 2017 04:43 #97545 by ihavenofish
heres where I'm at working out the tool changer, using and M6 g code subroutine.
I'm reading up to fill in the gaps, but feel free to offer some filler :)

// units here are mm but will be inches on machine
// store NEXT x and y and z position to go to after tool change

M3 S0.1 // stop spindle fast if not already stopped
M5 // shut off spindle

// change spindle to C axis mode and set position to rolling encoder count - it should know where it is.
// CHANGE UPPER Z SOFT LIMIT position TO ATC HOME position

G54 // disable work offsets
G64 P0.1 Q0 // enable continuous motion
G1 Z450 C0 F590 // move z axis to home and orient spindle in sync
G1 Z550 F590 // move z axis to ATC HOME position
G61

M66 P(1) L0 Q10 // check if ATC HOME switch is high, if not, ERROR

M66 P(5) L0 Q10
M66 P(6) L0 Q10
M66 P(7) L0 Q10
M66 P(8) L0 Q10 // check what tool the encoder is on
// choose which direction to spin with some math

M64 P(1) M64 P(2)  // clockwise atc turret motion - enable CW relay, enable ATCRUN relay
G53 G1 X Y F590 // move x and y to next position while turret spins

M66 P(5) L0 Q10
M66 P(6) L0 Q10
M66 P(7) L0 Q10
M66 P(8) L0 Q10 // read encoder and wait til it gets to desired tool

// when encoder is at destination:tool
M66 P(3) L1 Q1 // wait for rising edge of deceleration track, if never comes, ERROR
M65 P(1) M65 P(2)  // brake atc turret - disable ATCRUN relay

G64 P0.1 Q0
G54 G1 Z450 F590 // move Z to home
G53 G0 Z F590 // move z to next position
M66 P(2) L0 Q10 // check if ATC AREA is low, if not, ERROR

// end subroutine

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds