Brother TC-225 / TC-229 adventure!

More
25 Aug 2017 17:44 #98010 by ihavenofish
heres the stock control video again. you can see that the axes are very smooth, especially during acceleration. no thump... so, we know it can be done :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2017 17:54 #98013 by PCW
Can you provide a screenshot of the following error (and the velocity) to determine
if this is really a tuning issue or something wrong/suboptimal in the trajectory planner setup

More
25 Aug 2017 18:03 #98014 by ihavenofish
ok, I will see if I can do a video showing the halscope for the y and the z (the worst offenders) while its running.
ill take some screen grabs as well, although I was having trouble with doing that. video might prove more useful.

note that this is also in just straight line jogging, not just that program.

which parameters would you like to see? ive been looking at f error, as well as the actual analogue output on the mesa card. they seem to have been giving the most clues to me.

thanks.

More
25 Aug 2017 18:03 #98015 by ihavenofish
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/at_pid.9.html

interesting... is this a thing that works? :)

More
25 Aug 2017 18:06 #98016 by PCW
basically, no
For velocity mode servos, 99% of the tuning is in the drive (and having FF1 set properly in LinuxCNC)
AT-PID will just make a mess of this

More
25 Aug 2017 18:07 #98017 by ihavenofish
ah ok. too bad, haha.

More
25 Aug 2017 18:26 #98018 by Todd Zuercher

ok, I will see if I can do a video showing the halscope for the y and the z (the worst offenders) while its running.
ill take some screen grabs as well, although I was having trouble with doing that. video might prove more useful.

No need to mess with videoing anything, just a simple screen shot of the halscope screen when making a short jog (20mm or so).
To take a screen shot, from the main desktop menu select Accessories/Screenshot.)
like this
Attachments:

More
25 Aug 2017 18:31 #98019 by ihavenofish
my trouble is figuring out how to make the halscope stop and show a move like that :P
how does it know where to record from and to?

More
25 Aug 2017 18:40 #98020 by PCW
ok so one _really_ basic thing: These are torque mode drives NOT velocity mode so tuning is quite different

More
25 Aug 2017 18:41 #98021 by Todd Zuercher
From the trigger source. When the value of the trigger source crosses the trigger level (in the chosen direction (rising or falling) Halscope starts recording the sample.
In the above, I was using channel 3 (axis.0.joint-vel-cmd) as the trigger source, and the green dotted horizontal line in the Halscope plot was the trigger level.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds