which card to buy

More
23 Aug 2017 20:36 #97950 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic which card to buy
If the encoders read properly (right direction and scaling), dont change them

Have you read this?

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/tuning/servo.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jorgefv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2017 19:28 #98108 by Jorgefv
Replied by Jorgefv on topic which card to buy
Thank you, I did lower the P value and now all the servos move really well and the tremble stopped, now I will work on getting the right scale on the encoders before I continue with the proper tuning, I also tried them one by one because I did not have enough cable.

now for the smart serial cards I have not connected them yet I got 3 straight cat 6 cables to start working with them I have got the 7i70 7i71 and 7i73
I don't know if the straight regular cable will work or if I need some special kind of configuration.

More
28 Aug 2017 19:32 #98110 by PCW
Plain straight through Cat 5E or Cat 6 Ethernet cables are fine
( Cat 5 is OK but will have more 5V drop if _really_ long )

More
08 Sep 2017 13:15 - 08 Sep 2017 13:16 #98682 by Jorgefv
Hi I did a rough tuning an got it to move, I still have to get the fine tuning to get it as smooth as possible.

I also got to run the sample gcode so the machine really did something since 2013.
I don't have the endstops wired yet, I will work on also get that going, but if you notice on the video the z axis is running backwards, I don't know how to change that, I'm sure it is not wiring something backwards, where I could change that? I still have a lot to learn.

thank you for your help.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2017 13:16 by Jorgefv.

More
08 Sep 2017 13:59 #98686 by PCW
To reverse a analog servo axis you need to do two things:

1. Change the sign of the encoder scale (or swap the A/B encoder leads)
2. Change the sign of the analog output

More
17 Oct 2017 21:01 #100491 by Jorgefv
Hi I am now working again on the machine, I have all the axis working and the smart serial cards working an recognized, now I'm a bit confused on the home and limit configuration, the machine has a home switch for every axis on just one side of the machine, and also it has a limit switch on both sides which is wired in series on every axis and also with the E-stop button
I have created a new configuration now with the signals for the home and limit switches connected to external inputs and the axis interface changed from a home button for each individual axis to a button to home all, I don't know if I'm doing it the right way.
I don't know if I'm calling it backwards I'm considering the home signals for the home routine and one for every axis and the limit switches as one because they are in series.

More
17 Oct 2017 21:42 #100492 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic which card to buy
That sounds reasonable. Is it working?

You can connect one input (the limit) to all axes in a number of equivalent formats.

The rather unwieldy:
net limit-all hm2_5i25.0.7i76.input-00 axis.0.pos-lim-swi-in axis.0.neg-lim-swi-in axis.1.pos-lim-swi-in axis.1.neg-lim-swi-in axis.2.pos-lim-swi-in axis.2.neg-lim-swi-in

The rather wordy:
net limit-all hm2_5i25.0.7i76.input-00
net limit-all axis.0.pos-lim-swi-in
net limit-all axis.0.neg-lim-swi-in
net limit-all axis.1.pos-lim-swi-in
net limit-all axis.1.neg-lim-swi-in
net limit-all axis.2.pos-lim-swi-in
net limit-all axis.2.neg-lim-swi-in

Or any combination of the above. Any net statements that have the same signal name (in this case "limit all") will end up connected together. And you can choose the signal names completely arbitrarily.

More
18 Oct 2017 12:34 #100506 by Jorgefv
I run out of cable to connect things so I will continue today.
the confusion started because when I tried to get a new configuration with PncconfWizard and connected external pins for the home and one pin for the all limit switches and on the new axis interface appeared a button home all instead of the individual home I had before so I tough I got it backwards and was taking the home as the limit and do on, but now I will try it connected now that I think I know what I'm doing.

I'm also on the process of research on how to manage the tool change, it is done with pneumatics so is a mater of truing on and of some outputs but I have to manage the offsets and things like that I will try to fit part of it on a pyvcp panel or something.

More
18 Oct 2017 14:46 #100511 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic which card to buy
The "Home all" buttton appears once you have defined a home-sequence number for all the axes.

More
21 Oct 2017 17:25 - 21 Oct 2017 18:43 #100614 by Jorgefv
I was about to test the external inputs but I had a cash that render the system useless, I had to install Linux again, I managed to rescue the calibration files for the axis that I did before
now I'm back on track, I will now try to clone my installation using clonezilla

Now I will finally test te external inputs and the home routines
but I have a question, is it possible to get the 5v for the 7i48 and the 7i44 from the pc power supply? I'm using a corsair VS450
Last edit: 21 Oct 2017 18:43 by Jorgefv.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds