Kitamura Mycenter Zero Retrofit w/ Mesa 7I92M 7I77

More
24 Aug 2017 14:45 - 25 Aug 2017 12:34 #97965 by Rescue35
It is so nice starting from scratch and being able to bring the entire machine up to date.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Aug 2017 12:34 by Rescue35. Reason: Fix the picture showing the Electronics Cabinet empty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2017 14:47 - 14 Sep 2017 20:28 #97966 by ihavenofish
O_o

I think your machine got caught in the matrix.

:P
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 20:28 by ihavenofish.

More
04 Jan 2018 01:12 #104003 by Rescue35
Its been a while so here is an update:

I have Installed everything need to operate a 3 axis mill. I have some parameters to adjust on the servo drives and I hope to test run them this weekend. I still have a lot of little things like connecting the contactor for the coolant pump and some general tidying up. Once it is running I will work on getting the tool changer sorted out. On the 1st I generated config files using PNCconf. I am taking a break from hand editing them to work with the 7I92 to post this update. Happy new year everyone. I've been posting some general updates on my site. olivent.org I have the original manual for the Kitamura posted in PDF format. I'll also post my configuration files there once completed.

I just got done adding the config files to google drive for access while Im on the road working.

Some of the paperwork necessary on my temporary workbench.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andypugh, tommylight

More
24 Aug 2020 05:21 #179190 by Xnke
Rescue35, I am seriously considering purchase of one of these machines. It's got the Yasnac MX3 controller, and I see that they have very limited memory.

I already have some Mesa controls and have played with them, and hesitate only to study up on conversion to a modern system. Are you, as your user icon suggests, located in the Volunteer State? If so, would you be opposed to a visit to see how you've got on and see if I can manage to convert the same model, with a different controller.

More
25 Aug 2020 22:28 #179457 by Rescue35

Rescue35, I am seriously considering purchase of one of these machines. It's got the Yasnac MX3 controller, and I see that they have very limited memory.

I already have some Mesa controls and have played with them, and hesitate only to study up on conversion to a modern system. Are you, as your user icon suggests, located in the Volunteer State? If so, would you be opposed to a visit to see how you've got on and see if I can manage to convert the same model, with a different controller.

I have heard good things about the Yasnac control, or rather that you can get service from the OEM. Mine had a Fanuc control running Sanyo Denki servos. Unfortunately I scraped this machine not long after getting it running as the spindle drive went out and I was faced with a move. I need to look for another. I have since purchased a Tormach 770 as I had parts to run. Im happy to help if I can.

More
25 Aug 2020 23:27 #179464 by Xnke
There are currently 3 of these machines on Ebay-all for more than I really want to pay, but it's tough to find any machine that can be run on 220V single phase, or even 220V 3 phase for that matter, that will also fit into the space I have to work in.

The three available are all in the same location so I'd have to have them shipped in from California, and there's no telling if the Yasnac control has 32k of memory or the full 256k of memory-either way they can't handle big or complicated programs. There's a reason the Fanuc controllers bring a premium price for these machines.

I'm actually a startup machine shop/drafting shop right now, so being able to fit the thing in my home shop is a HUGE advantage, even though I am working hard to move into a commercial building ASAP. The Mycenter0 ticks all the boxes except the "plug in and go" of a new machine costing a LOT more.

More
17 Mar 2023 15:55 #266918 by manulcat
Thank you for the wonderful post. I recently purchased a used Mycenter-0 (FANUC) manufactured by Kitamura Machinery, and I am planning to retrofit it based on posts in this forum. As the link to the manual for MyCenter-0 in previous posts cannot be accessed, could you kindly share information about the manual if possible?

More
05 May 2023 08:57 #270715 by Glite
Seems I've got a copy of mentioned manual, here is the link:
drive.google.com/file/d/1Xx54L0lNHMxU03R.../view?usp=share_link

More
02 Nov 2023 13:36 #284326 by routerman22
Hi,

I know this topic is already a few months old. But do you happen to know the frame size of the X,Y,Z servos? I don't have my machine yet, but due to lead times I want to order the motors in time. Any help would be appreciated.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds