Monarch MDT-24 Retrofit (Sharp SV-2412 w/ Fanuc 0i-MC)

More
05 Feb 2018 18:49 #105455 by lamandesigns
I totally missed the boat on that one with the 2000. I was thinking in terms of RPM (similar to spindle). Ok, so at like 800IPM, the output scale should be around 13 or so. I'll change one of the axis and see what it will do as far as the PID/FF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2018 19:15 #105456 by lamandesigns
Well that seems to look better. P 35, FF1 0.205, FF2 0.008!

Axis 0 Tune Better!

More
02 Jun 2020 23:02 #169877 by valensdiesel
This is a really clean conversion, great job! If you don't mind, I'd be interested to know how you interfaced the linux box with the drives. I am assuming your Fanuc hardware is not using the optical link, but if you found a way to make this work, it would be extremely relevant to my interests.
Thanks!

More
02 Jun 2020 23:23 #169886 by lamandesigns
Thank you!
This machine has been working pretty good and I have been using it for production since.
Here is the details to connect the Fanuc to Linuxcnc. These are the Alpha series Fanuc circa year 2005:

- Elmo Cornet Servo drives - Elmo customer support has been great. Even though I bought these used, they have gone way beyond what I was expecting to help me have get it all working
- Pico Systems Fanuc Serial encoder converters - Jon has been amazing with support and the quick responses. I just don't have enough good things to say about him!
- 7i48 servo interface

To be honest if the budget is there, it is potentially better to just switch the servo drives to something aftermarket that comes with the servo and drive. That way tuning the servos will be much simpler. I have got two bigger machines since and this machine still does smaller parts. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Again Jon from PICO Systems is super knowledgeable and very helpful and makes great products. This would have not been possible without his help (his website: pico-systems.com/osc2.5/catalog/index.php)

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds