Hurco BMC 30 AP

More
28 Mar 2022 20:48 - 28 Mar 2022 20:52 #238550 by 5_Zylinder
Replied by 5_Zylinder on topic Hurco BMC 30 AP
Today we went further and tried different things. In the meantime I bought a used converter.1. Replaced the broken transistor module on the old spindle driver, the error message UU is now present, but there is still no encoder signal on the Mesa card.2. Connected the "new" spindle driver dry, determined that the fan on the "old" spindle driver is broken, but also because the error message UU is present.3. Spindle driver „old“ exchanged for new spindle driver and the encoder signal can be properly evaluated via the Mesa card.Conclusion, spindle driver must have several defects, now it has to be clarified why the error UU occurs, possibly another problem with the wiring.
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Mar 2022 20:52 by 5_Zylinder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2022 22:16 #238556 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Hurco BMC 30 AP
Some rectifiers and some capacitors make the input of the drive, so if there are 3 phases present, those should be checked. Easy to spot, find the biggest capacitor/s and trace backward towards the power input, the rectifiers should be in between.
Beware that some/most use inrush current limiting and/or delayed turn on around the above mentioned parts, that makes troubleshooting a bit more involved.

More
29 Mar 2022 17:36 #238630 by 5_Zylinder
Today I compared both converters and started to check and measure component by component.
I noticed that there was a problem with the main switch on the "new" spindle driver.
If I switch it on, I can measure continuity under the individual phases at the output to the small transformer, which should mean that there is a short circuit.
The large fuse in the converter itself is ok.
We will continue to examine the converter over the next few days.

More
11 May 2022 21:51 - 11 May 2022 21:54 #242679 by 5_Zylinder
Hello,
we have found the error why the spindle driver always displayed undervoltage as an error. Since we don't have an inrush current limit yet, we always switched on the fuses one after the other. However, when you switched it on, you had a different voltage on the phases for a short time. The converter noted this condition and it was not possible to delete the error. If I switch on all 3 phases at the same time, no error appears and the spindle driver works.

The spindle is already turning, but there is another problem here. The voltage output (PWM) does not match the calculated setpoint. If I specify the speed for example, s750 in Linux CNC, 1.25V must be present at the output because the maximum speed is 6000 rpm. However, we have an output voltage of 2.5v on the mesa card. So there must be an error somewhere. Enclosed the hal and ini.

Then a Yaskawa CACr-SR servo driver broke today, out of nowhere. The error number is 6- voltage drop -> defective thyristor module.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 May 2022 21:54 by 5_Zylinder.

More
14 May 2022 23:35 #242988 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Hurco BMC 30 AP
I see that you have:

setp hm2_7i97.0.pwmgen.05.offset-mode true

Are you sure that is correct?

You are using closed-loop spindle control, so it might be that the encoder resolution is wrong. (The [SPINDLE]SCALE seems to be correct.

More
06 Jun 2022 14:25 #244670 by Stean
Replied by Stean on topic Hurco BMC 30 AP
Try asking for the circuit diagram Hurco-Germany branch. Give them the serial number of the machine.

More
06 Jun 2022 14:35 - 06 Jun 2022 14:36 #244671 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Hurco BMC 30 AP
Set the spindle P term to 0 and you should have the proper output voltage

(P must be 0 unless you have spindle encoder feedback working)

Offset mode true is correct for a 7I97
Last edit: 06 Jun 2022 14:36 by PCW.

More
17 Jun 2022 04:26 #245299 by 5_Zylinder
Hi,

Sorry for the late feedback.
We set P to 0 and now we have the right output voltage and it runs very good.
Than we try to adjust the PID Controller for the Y-axis, the maximum speed is now at 10m/min.

A few months ago I called Hurco, unfortunately there is almost no interesting documentation in the archive for this machine, I was told that the documentation was not well maintained in the past.

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to continue with the Hurco, it will take a few more months.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds