A hydraulic pump problem

More
14 Jan 2022 13:40 #231757 by drogus
I finally have time to troubleshoot a Stanko SMO 32 CNC machine that I bought a while back and the first and probably biggest problem is the hydraulic pump. First and obvious problem is that the interference suppressor (I think?) is broken off. I already ordered a replacement, but I'm not sure if the pump is functioning correctly. When I press the button to force the pump to turn on it starts making a noise like a compressor, so I guess it's trying to do something, but it doesn't seem like it's creating any kind of pressure. I think that maybe some kind of valve or a gasket is leaking or sth? Here is a video of how it looks like: 

Any ideas? Should I just wait for the replacement suppressor and it might fix it? Or is it sth with the pump itself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2022 13:48 #231758 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic A hydraulic pump problem
What does the pump do? That looks almost like it might be a lubrication pump?

More
14 Jan 2022 14:03 #231760 by drogus
Replied by drogus on topic A hydraulic pump problem
I'm pretty sure this is a pump for the tool holder, ie. hydraulic grip for ISO40 tooling. This machine is very similar in all of the equipment to old Maho machines and it has a second pump for lubrication from Vogel - which I'm 100% sure is for lubrication, cause the label says so.

More
14 Jan 2022 14:16 #231761 by drogus
Btw, if someone knows this stuff better than I do, here is the manual: www.dropbox.com/sh/wlih7qlsraslpe1/AACT8...AKUHPnHZ8glHlTa?dl=0 (it's in German, though)

More
14 Jan 2022 14:32 #231763 by drogus
I think that the Vogel lubrication pump is also not functioning properly for some reason. The error number shown on the machine is 47, which is "hydraulic device not turned on", which I guess may mean both the hydraulic pump for the tool changer or the lubrication system. In any case Vogel doesn't seem to work and pressing the buttton ton the enclosure doesn't turn it on either

More
14 Jan 2022 15:03 - 14 Jan 2022 15:06 #231767 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic A hydraulic pump problem
Seems to be a regular hydraulic pump and my guess is that there is something wrong with it by the sound it makes.

I would expect the error "hydraulic device not turned on" to come from lack of pressure in the hydraulic system. Kind of hard to look through the documentation because the images have an insanely high resolution and thus ridiculous file size, but I would think 'figure-8.1' is a good starting point (device 5 might be a pressure switch): 

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jan 2022 15:06 by Aciera.

More
14 Jan 2022 15:41 #231773 by andypugh
I think I would start by taking the pump apart and checking for stuck valves and perished seals.
Just turning it by hand with a thumb over the outlet would tell you a lot.

More
14 Jan 2022 15:53 #231774 by drogus
Thanks @andypugh and @aciera! I'll take a look into it, but now that I think about it there is one more piece of information that makes this a bit curious.

When I bought the machine I was able to get it to turn on and get to the phase where I could move all of the axis. Of course the tool holder didn't work, but the error didn't show up either. I also remember that when I pressed a button on a Vogel lubrication pump it tried to pump for a short time. Now when I press the button nothing happens. Not sure if it means anything, maybe there is another reason on why the pump didn't turn on.

Anyways I'll try to go through the documentation once again with the insight from Aciera and then I'll see about the pump. But then I'll also see how it looks like when a broken electronics part arrives.

More
14 Jan 2022 16:03 #231776 by scotth
Replied by scotth on topic A hydraulic pump problem
The bubbles in the center chamber look wrong. Is it 3 phase and possibly rotating the wrong way?

More
14 Jan 2022 16:25 - 14 Jan 2022 16:25 #231779 by andypugh

The bubbles in the center chamber look wrong. Is it 3 phase and possibly rotating the wrong way? 

Good call! The Servo drives wouldn't care, but any conventional 3-phase motors will run wrong. 
Does the coolant pump work? 
Last edit: 14 Jan 2022 16:25 by andypugh.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds