Fusion 360

More
16 Feb 2017 13:21 #88049 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Fusion 360
Well that means I can't use it after free time... however I did find a LinuxCNC post processor.

JT
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Victor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2017 13:25 #88050 by Victor
Replied by Victor on topic Fusion 360
Ok that's to bad! i guess we are a little spoiled in Sweden since 100mbit fiber connections is getting quite standard.

Thanks for sharing the post processor!

Victor

More
16 Feb 2017 15:27 #88054 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Fusion 360
I ditched solidworks a couple years ago when they wanted me to pay two years worth the back maintenance fees. I originally switched to Inventor which I liked more than Fusion, but Fusion has all the extra CAM goodies in it for free. I have been using Fusion for almost a year exclusively and have been happy with it. The post processing to LCNC has been working good so far, I have not run into any challenges with it. Yes it can be pissy with the video card. It runs pretty good on my 10 year old laptop, and runs awesome on my desktop that I run dual video cards in. My only complaint is multiple monitor compatibility of being able to drag one drawing to another screen. I have been told by there developers that is on the to do list to make better.

More
16 Feb 2017 19:16 #88067 by BigJohnT
It will be interesting for sure, going to see if I can cobble up the post processor for my plasma table. The post looks pretty straight forward as far as post processors go. One thing I did in Sheetcam post was to pull the volts from the tool name and insert that into my G code to be passed along to the thc component. I really should just finish my golang dxf to G code project, it's 90% done.

JT

More
03 May 2017 13:12 #92575 by Boogie
Replied by Boogie on topic Fusion 360
JT is the file you've attached the LinuxCNC post procesor for F360? Where should i put this file? I guess somewhere in the f360 folder on the hard drive:) Then will i find "LinuxCNC" on the post processors list in F360?

Thanks!
Bogi

More
05 Jan 2018 20:24 #104058 by Kermitfrog
Replied by Kermitfrog on topic Fusion 360
I am in the same situation with limited monthly data usage. also, F360 has an awkward interface and files are saved to the cloud instead of your local hard drive. I've read it is "defective by design". Too bad, as it has a lot of nice and powerful cad/cam features

More
07 Jan 2018 12:16 #104105 by BigJohnT

JT is the file you've attached the LinuxCNC post procesor for F360? Where should i put this file? I guess somewhere in the f360 folder on the hard drive:) Then will i find "LinuxCNC" on the post processors list in F360?

Thanks!
Bogi

I've never figured out how to use Fusion 360 just found the post processor on a machining forum.

JT

Moderators: Skullworks
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds