SETTING UP LIMIT SWITCHES - HIGH = OFF

More
22 Jul 2011 18:32 #11741 by NICKKINSMAN
I have a hopefully simple question on configuring limit switches;

My lathe is setup where the limit switch commons to +24VDC, and all switches stay normally closed. (trigger to open)

I have run the various limit switch outputs to the multiple 7i37 (+in) ports (so this would have constant +24VDC unless limit triggered). And then commoned the (-in) to the -24VDC (ground). According to discussion with Mesa, this is the right way to run them in this scenario.

My question is how to set this up in EMC PncConf (or elsewhere) - I have selected all the functions for the specific pins. The function defaults to a GP IN per the selection, other options are GP out and GP drain. I believe this is clearly not a GP out, but I don't see where to make the selection that this is 'low' side triggering (as it needs to trigger when votage goes to 0). Is this the GP drain, or what needs to happen here?

Thanks for helping!

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2011 18:48 #11742 by cncbasher
your looking at gpio input pins i.e general purpose input .

this is shown in your hal files as xxx.0.gpio.007.in ( general purpose pin 7 in this case )

either tick the invert tick box in pncconf or add _not to the end of the above if you need to reverse the sense of the input
i.e xxx.o.gpio.007.in_not

More
22 Jul 2011 18:52 #11743 by NICKKINSMAN
Thanks for the help, I did not notice that tick box, but I will go look and give it a try!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds