EMC2 Crash on start up with Joint 0 error

More
05 Aug 2011 03:50 #12199 by M2sinc
Hello
I am setting up EMC2 with Delta Motor and drives, as of now I only hook up a motor on X, I closed the all limits switchs with jumpers. When I start the EMC2 by F2 Motor movesto the limit we set in Min -ferror then stops. Also When I testing the ppmcdiags-DAC the motor moves opposite direction than command 0r volts( + or -) I am attaching my PPMC config file for checking. I need help .
Error

' Joint 0 following error"

Thanks

File Attachment:

File Name: ppmc__copy_.zip
File Size:10 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2011 04:43 - 05 Aug 2011 04:45 #12201 by PCW
Sounds like your feedback is backwards, so the servo "runs away" when enabled. This is not really a crash, just the fact that you have a 50% chance of getting the feedback correct with first time servo setup.

If your encoders count the right way (in the DRO) you need to reverse the output direction
I'm not familiar the PPMC but it may be the outputs can be reversed by changing the sign
of an "output scale" parameter. Also if the drives analog input circuitry is differential (it has IN+ and IN- input pins) you may be able to simple swap these wires to reverse the output direction.

If your encoders read backwards you can reverse the A/B lines or change the sign of the input scale. This will fix your feedback as well. (but don't change the direction of both input and output or you will be back where you started)
Last edit: 05 Aug 2011 04:45 by PCW. Reason: missing

More
05 Aug 2011 05:26 #12203 by M2sinc
I tried with making nagative value on inpute scale and posetive on output scale, No luck.

You suggested change wire on a/b .Where I should I connnect A ,B, Z, /A, /B and /Z ( How many wire sould I switch ? )

I will look into IN+ and IN- pins as well. IS it same pins attached DAC 10 volts +/ - signal on CN! port on drive ?

More
05 Aug 2011 13:19 #12215 by PCW
First, do you encoders work and count in the right direction?

More
05 Aug 2011 14:30 #12217 by M2sinc
IF I dont use EMC, then I have to use a utilitily comes with PPMC called PPMCDIAGS . My motor run in oposite directions of my given command. But does stop with 0 volts

More
05 Aug 2011 15:03 #12219 by PCW
Do your encoders work and work in the proper direction?

More
05 Aug 2011 15:33 #12221 by M2sinc
Sir
If I give command nagative volt Motor turns CW. If I give + Volts than motor turn CCw . I think it is wrong.

Thanks

More
05 Aug 2011 16:32 #12222 by PCW
I can't help much unless I can get responsive answer to the encoder question.

When setting up a servo system, I would always first verify that the encoders work. I would do this with motor power off. The next thing is to get the input scale and sign correct so the axis feedback directions and scale are correct in EMC.

Only after this is correct, would I start to setup the motors

More
06 Aug 2011 07:31 #12236 by M2sinc
Hello

I turn EMC2 on-- made Drive disable- power on to controller cards PPMC- When I spin Motor by hand clockwise then X axis # moves + direction, When I move Motor ccw then X direction # move to X Minus direction.
this seems to me OK.

FYI- When I turn EMC2 on then error comes Parport , linux not supporting mode 4, countinue. and when I press F2 then motor moves and stop with Joint 0 following error code.

Thanks

Surjit

More
06 Aug 2011 16:22 #12241 by PCW
Good, that means your hardware is reading the encoders, and they are in the right direction so its all working.

As far as I know, the parallel port error message can be safely ignored it just means that the Motherboard BIOs has a bug reporting available parallel port modes

So if you change the sign of the OUTPUT_SCALE in ppmc.ini you have the same result?
(I am assuming you are using the ppmc config from the EMC distribition)

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds