running from inside a program

More
07 Aug 2011 22:57 #12289 by captain chaos
How do I, after a fault or error, continue to run a program to completion without going back to the start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2011 23:01 #12290 by andypugh
captain chaos wrote:

How do I, after a fault or error, continue to run a program to completion without going back to the start.

You can click on a line in the program listing in the bottom screen pane, then right-click it, and select "run from here"
However, it does literally start running from that point, so you will normally have to start the spindle and turn on the coolant in the MDI tab before restarting the program.

Also be careful, I have found that you need to left-click the line before right-clicking it, or it sometimes restarts from somewhere else.

More
07 Aug 2011 23:27 #12291 by captain chaos
Thanks for that, will it then run to the next coordinate or does the machine need to be joged to a G code coordinate
and run from there.

More
07 Aug 2011 23:43 #12292 by andypugh
captain chaos wrote:

Thanks for that, will it then run to the next coordinate or does the machine need to be joged to a G code coordinate
and run from there.

It will literally run the selected line. The best policy is generally to find a G0, jog to somewhere where the tool can get to the G0 end-point without hitting anything on the way, and then select the G0 and run-from-line.
A toolchange is often a good point to pick up from, too.

More
08 Aug 2011 06:22 #12296 by captain chaos
Cheers for that I've been down running the machine (table router) and just encountered a problem where I needed to go back a few steps as it would not pick up with the minimal radius in the code. Having a few problems with vibration setting off the limit switches mechanical I think as it seems to run OK on slower speeds. Thanks for all the help.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds