Start from here -not working

More
26 Aug 2011 22:15 #12763 by M4MazakUser
is there anyway to get the "start from here" function working? my lathe has a front and rear turret, if im using any of the rear turret tools in a program, (the rear turret being in "-" values) i get an alarm telling me that the program exceeds the machines limits.
-even though the program will run without a hitch! (from start to fin).
-any ideas/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2011 11:40 #12771 by ArcEye
Hi

What happens when you change your axis min and max (soft limits) for the X axis so that the figures are within the limits?

For instance setting
[AXIS_0]
MIN_LIMIT = -9999
MAX_LIMIT = 9999

negates any soft limits (unless you have a colossal lathe) and should allow you to enter any figure you want for X and EMC will try to go there.

To use 'Start from here' left click on the line you want to highlight it and then right click and select start from here or whatever the wording is.
The code will start from next linear move and you have to run up spindle, select coolant etc before doing so, it won't do it for you like some controllers do.

regards

More
27 Aug 2011 12:20 #12773 by BigJohnT
The exceeds machine limits warning is a bug in 2.5 Axis that has been fixed AFAIK. Are you using 2.5?

It had me totally confused for a long time as I have a Run button on my Hardinge that uses halui.program.run and it does not do the limits check.

John

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds