True wrapped rotary axis

More
19 Sep 2011 04:32 #13278 by zarthcode
I have a 4-axis machine running EMC2, my CAM package seems to have no qualms about spitting out any kind of number as an absolute position for an A axis (Alibre CAM), such as 360.5 instead of 0.5, I disabled the WRAPPED_ROTARY option, so now I can have any kind of arbitrary limit.

However, I'd like for EMC2 to intelligently modulus the movement and not turn a full revolution for a short movement. 0, 360, and 720 should result in no movement.

I saw some beginnings of this here: wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?WrappedRotaryAxes

Was this implemented at all? When WRAPPED_ROTARY is active, 360 isn't a valid position. I would like for any number input to be interpreted without using a post-postprocessor ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2011 14:43 #13396 by andypugh
zarthcode wrote:

However, I'd like for EMC2 to intelligently modulus the movement and not turn a full revolution for a short movement. 0, 360, and 720 should result in no movement.

Are you sure that you really don't care whether a rotary motion is clockwise or anticlockwise?
I think that sounds rather dangerous unless you are absolutely sure that you will never cur and rotate at the same time.

I can see that G0 moves might want to take the shortest path.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds