Please help!

More
29 Nov 2011 07:17 #15181 by romeo
Please help! was created by romeo
Hello everyone,

I'm new user, i have some problem with EMC2 (I'm using the Master branch installed on EMC2 live CD 10.10) , i don't think it's me doing something wrong.

First problem is that if in the tool.tbl file i have 20 tools from 1 to 20 and i delete number 4 and 5, the tools from 6 to 20 do not work anymore when i do T6M6

Second problem is that i have an o-code external file that i call in my gcode to control some I/O, if i start the gcode from the beginning everything works fine, but if i run from a line in the middle of the g-code, the CALL lines previous to the run from line are executed, but they should not.

This problems are really bugging me, can someone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2011 11:01 #15185 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Please help!
romeo wrote:

First problem is that if in the tool.tbl file i have 20 tools from 1 to 20 and i delete number 4 and 5, the tools from 6 to 20 do not work anymore when i do T6M6

That's interesting. Did you delete them in the tool table editor, or using a text editor?
I know this isn't a proper fix, but can't you just put them back? I don't know much about the tool table format, but I think it might not like empty lines, I think it needs at least the pocket number.

Second problem is that i have an o-code external file that i call in my gcode to control some I/O, if i start the gcode from the beginning everything works fine, but if i run from a line in the middle of the g-code, the CALL lines previous to the run from line are executed, but they should not.

Is that this bug: sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid..._id=6744&atid=106744
If so, I think it is being worked on.
Run from line has always been a bit flaky with O-word subs, hopefully it will improve.

More
30 Nov 2011 02:05 #15210 by romeo
Replied by romeo on topic Re:Please help!
I have just recently update to Master to try and fix the run from line problem, and the tool problem came along instead, i have done some more testing, and it looks that Master put numbers on the tools according to the line they are at in the .tbl file, so T1 must be on the first line, if on the first line i have tool 3, when i do T1M6 tool 3 will be loaded, i think I'd better roll back to 2.5 for now.

Regarding the other problem, yes it is like the bug on sourceforge that you linked, will that be fixed only in Master or also on 2.5 ?

This second bug is the one that annoys me the most, since i have very long G-Codes (Some will work for a week on the machine) and it's a big waste of time not being able to restart from where i need when something happens, hope it gets fixed soon.

More
30 Nov 2011 13:11 #15221 by andypugh
romeo wrote:

I have just recently update to Master to try and fix the run from line problem, and the tool problem came along instead, i have done some more testing, and it looks that Master put numbers on the tools according to the line they are at in the .tbl file, so T1 must be on the first line, if on the first line i have tool 3, when i do T1M6 tool 3 will be loaded, i think I'd better roll back to 2.5 for now.

I am not sure if that is deliberate. I thought that the pocket numbers had to be in order, but the tools could be anywhere.
Is it actually the version change, or did you perhaps lose the RANDOM_TOOLCHANGER option?
(I know next to nothing about the tool table, my machine hardly uses it)

Regarding the other problem, yes it is like the bug on sourceforge that you linked, will that be fixed only in Master or also on 2.5 ?

At this point possibly only in Master, as it requires some deep changes to the code, that need more testing than there is probably time for in 2,5.

Does the blank-lines workaround help you at all? .[/quote]

More
01 Dec 2011 02:26 #15244 by romeo

I am not sure if that is deliberate. I thought that the pocket numbers had to be in order, but the tools could be anywhere.
Is it actually the version change, or did you perhaps lose the RANDOM_TOOLCHANGER option?
(I know next to nothing about the tool table, my machine hardly uses it)

Simply changing from Master to 2.5 fixes the problem, but i don't have any RANDOM_TOOLCHANGER option, is there documentation on this option?
Do i have to put it in the .ini file?

Does the blank-lines workaround help you at all?

Writing the whole o-code in the g-code also works, but both fix are not beautiful fix, because g-codes become difficult to follow with my huge o-code in it, I like to keep the g-code clean so that i can easily find the line that i need, that is why i chose to put the o-code in an external file in the first place.

More
13 Dec 2011 02:49 #15622 by romeo
Hello everyone,

I've been checking my mails for your reply, but i still haven't got one, i just wanted to know weather the issues are going to be fixed, and if possible to know when.

I'm sorry if i seem obsessive, i just would like to know what your intentions are...

my regards,
Romeo

More
13 Dec 2011 10:23 #15626 by andypugh
romeo wrote:

Simply changing from Master to 2.5 fixes the problem, but i don't have any RANDOM_TOOLCHANGER option, is there documentation on this option?
Do i have to put it in the .ini file?

Yes, you just add it to the appropriate place in the INI file:
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/config_ini...:%5BEMCIO%5D-Section

More
13 Dec 2011 10:26 #15627 by andypugh
romeo wrote:

I've been checking my mails for your reply, but i still haven't got one, i just wanted to know weather the issues are going to be fixed, and if possible to know when.

Sorry for the late replies.

I am afraid I don't know who (if anyone) is working on this.

You could try creating a bug report at the Sourceforge site (See the link in the "Community" section of the main title bar).
You will need to give a clear description of the problem, and which version of EMC2 you find it in. The simplest-possible test code that shows the problem is also appreciated.
Unfortunately forum posts are not actively tracked by the Developers, the only places that bugs get tracked are in the Sourceforge site.

More
14 Dec 2011 02:16 - 14 Dec 2011 06:14 #15656 by romeo
Hello everyone,

I have report the bug here sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid..._id=6744&atid=106744

I hope to see it fixed soon, is there a way to know whether there is someone working on it or not?

my regards,
Romeo
Last edit: 14 Dec 2011 06:14 by romeo.

More
14 Dec 2011 09:23 #15665 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Please help!
Hi

is there a way to know whether there is someone working on it or not?

Yes, Michael Haberler is looking at it, but you need to keep checking the bug report, he has asked for 2 extra pieces of information which it does not look like you have yet provided.

regards

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds