1 Servo?

More
08 Dec 2011 21:42 #15504 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:1 Servo?
Todd Zuercher wrote:

RS485 serial position commands, parameters, etc.

I think I would try to drive it that way.

What was the function of the failed board?

There again, for $300 you could throw a full PC and EMC2 at the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2011 14:41 #15512 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Re:1 Servo?
andypugh wrote:
[quote
What was the function of the failed board?

There again, for $300 you could throw a full PC and EMC2 at the problem.[/quote]

That's what I was thinking, for about that much I could have something that would be more flexible and probably be easier for the operator to use. The old setup was not very user friendly and was very difficult to program. While it did have some interesting features for calculating picture frame sizes and counting numbers and sizes of parts cut, but the difficulty in using them meant those nifty features were never used. It was often all the operator could handle just to be able to get it to move to the right position to make one cut.

If you wanted to make a frame for a 5x7 picture using molding that was 1.5 inches wide, it would cut 2 pieces of molding 8 inches long and two 10 inches long. It was far easier for the opperator to do the math himself and cut the sizes he needed then try to program in the molding width, picture size and number of frames needed to let the control do it.

More
10 Dec 2011 23:00 #15535 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:1 Servo?
Todd Zuercher wrote:

That's what I was thinking, for about that much I could have something that would be more flexible and probably be easier for the operator to use..

Hooking a GladeVCP or PyVCP standalone control panel to HAL sounds like the way to do it.
Give them a box to type a number in, and link that direct to the PID via a limit3.
I think I would go with Glade for this, as later elaboration can link in to buttons with embedded code.

More
11 Dec 2011 11:14 #15545 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:1 Servo?
Might also look at ncggui.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gui/ngcgui.html

Could be set up for straight length cuts or run a formula to calculate the length. Just punch in the numers and go.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds