USB

More
12 Dec 2011 23:36 #15612 by SRT
USB was created by SRT
I was reading some posts from the users digest that said anything plugged into a USB will mess with the realtime? That means I need to find a new (old) mouse and keyboard? I arlso picked up a touch screen monitor that uses USB for the touch that I may not be able to use. I was wondering if this kind of info should be added to the getting started manual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2011 23:46 - 12 Dec 2011 23:46 #15613 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:USB
Userspace USB is fine like joypad, mouse, keyboard and touch screens. What is not possible is USB control of your stepper or servos.

John
Last edit: 12 Dec 2011 23:46 by BigJohnT.

More
12 Dec 2011 23:47 #15614 by SRT
Replied by SRT on topic Re:USB
Ok thanks.

This is the post I read:
For the new bees here, stick a usb memory key into a port on the machine that runs emc, and watch emc stumble & upchuck all over itself. It is not pretty.

More
13 Dec 2011 00:00 #15615 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:USB
That does sound like a hardware issue particular to that persons computer. I use USB sticks all the time with EMC and I never have to clean up puke from EMC.

John

More
13 Dec 2011 00:06 #15616 by SRT
Replied by SRT on topic Re:USB
Maybe I need to quit reading so much..... I am really trying to wrap my head around this and do it as right as possible from the beginning.
Everybody here has been great so far. Thanks again for taking the time to help the less informed.

More
13 Dec 2011 00:21 #15618 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Re:USB
I believe I remember reading another post a long time ago and that user had problems when they plug a USB device in or out while EMC was running.
Not everyone had this problem.
Do a latency test and plug a USB memory card in and out. You will get your answer.

More
13 Dec 2011 02:44 #15621 by Harry_Y
Replied by Harry_Y on topic Re:USB
cmorley wrote:

I believe I remember reading another post a long time ago and that user had problems when they plug a USB device in or out while EMC was running.
Not everyone had this problem.
Do a latency test and plug a USB memory card in and out. You will get your answer.

I did a bunch of a/b testing when I was setting up my computer

took notes, then wiped it clean and did a fresh install with the right settings

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds