EMC setup

More
28 Dec 2011 03:18 #16026 by helpmeout
EMC setup was created by helpmeout
I setup my EMC2 with the setup wizard, and trying out my DIY cnc. not using any home or limit switches yet. Im being very careful. my question is when i load a file to try to run, I have to home the x,y,z, axis but when i do the x axis will set to .5000 instead of to 0.000.and for the z axis its -0.2375 where is my problem. ive went back to my setup wizard over and over but can not find where the problem is. HELP...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 04:54 #16027 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic Re:EMC setup
What are your machine coordinates set to? (G54...) After homing just do a touchoff for each axis, setting them to what ever numbers you would like them to read.

More
28 Dec 2011 06:10 #16028 by helpmeout
Replied by helpmeout on topic Re:EMC setup
I will try that, that might fix the problem. thanks

More
28 Dec 2011 11:20 #16034 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:EMC setup
Take a look here...
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Coo...t_what_should_you_do

from...
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?CoordinateSystems

If you are not using limits switches you really should set a home position on your machine, home there each time you startt so that your soft limits will work.

Good info in the user manual here...
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?Using_EMC2

Rick G

More
28 Dec 2011 19:29 #16046 by helpmeout
that did fix it, but i cant seem to change the configeration of my axis for z,x,y, for the inch mode, when i type a g00 x1.0 it only moves .250 inches, thats on all axis. im using gecko 202 and have that as my configeration. and in my x,y,z,setup im using 200 steps at 10 micro steps with 4 as my multiplier which makes my motors run good. but where do i set my scale for the axis.

More
28 Dec 2011 19:31 #16047 by helpmeout
For got to add my acme threads are 8TPI at two starts that makes the configeration at 4 i think...

More
28 Dec 2011 21:53 #16052 by Rick G
Well 8 TPI should be just that 8 TPI

If you machine moves by .250" for a 1" move just change your scale by a factor of 4 and you should be right on the money.
You can edit your file or run stepconfig again and make the changes there.

Rick G

More
28 Dec 2011 23:37 #16060 by helpmeout
I did that and it was off a few, so i need to increase the threads per inch. to some thing like 8.025. I dont know why because when i put in 16 tpi. and i save this config. it gave me a little over 2 inches. and when i input 8 tpi it was always under. so i need to input a no. over 8 to get it on. but at least thats where the change is made for your lengths for each axis is made. IM learning,Aint this Fun.

More
29 Dec 2011 12:28 #16072 by Rick G
That sounds like something must be off.
You should check for play, bind, backlash, etc. on your machine.
If that is OK then you may have your speed or acceleration a little too high.
Try making the moves at different speeds (slower) and see if you get the same results.
Try reducing your velocity and acceleration and check again.
Try marking a start position and then making several moves and then return to your start position and see if it is the same.

Rick G

More
29 Dec 2011 21:44 #16093 by helpmeout
I will try that, Im trying to read the manual also, i cant seem to find where to allow for backlash, I had to use 8 tpi and it was close,very close so now i know how the setup works in that area. I could have a little slop in the hookups to the axis. Im using lovejoy couplings so i might need to allow for that.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds