EMC setup

More
30 Dec 2011 00:01 #16099 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:EMC setup
If you get the extra hard inserts for the LoveJoy couplings it will reduce the backlash from using that... take a gander in the Integrators manual in the INI section for backlash compensation.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2012 20:11 - 01 Jan 2012 20:12 #16190 by helpmeout
Replied by helpmeout on topic Re:EMC setup
I have setup home switches for each axis, but do not want then to be at the positions of 0.0 for each axis, i want to in put that where ever i chose when i try to run a part but i cant seem to get it to work when i home the axis they show 0.0, for example at the end of the x axis is my home switch, but at the other end is where i want my 0.0 to be at, how is this done.so when i tell it to go to 0 it moves to that end.
Last edit: 01 Jan 2012 20:12 by helpmeout.

More
01 Jan 2012 21:15 #16192 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:EMC setup
Take a look here...

www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html/config_ini_config.html

2.2.8 [TRAJ] Section The [TRAJ] section contains general parameters for the trajectory planning module in EMCMOT.

COORDINATES
= X Y Z The names of the axes being controlled. X, Y, Z, A, B, C, U, V, and W are all valid. Only axis named in COORDINATES are accepted in g-code. This has no effect on the mapping from G-code axis names (X- Y- Z-) to joint numbers--for "trivial kinematics", X is always joint 0, A is always joint 4, and U is always joint 7, and so on. It is permitted to write an axis name twice (e.g., X Y Y Z for a gantry machine) but this has no effect.
AXES = 3
One more than the number of the highest joint number in the system. For an XYZ machine, the joints are numbered 0, 1 and 2; in this case AXES should be 3. For an XYUV machine using "trivial kinematics", the V joint is numbered 7 and therefore AXES should be 8. For a machine with nontrivial kinematics (e.g., scarakins) this will generally be the number of controlled joints.
HOME
= 0 0 0 Coordinates of the homed position of each axis. Again for a fourth axis you will need 0 0 0 0. This value is only used for machines with nontrivial kinematics. On machines with trivial kinematics this value is ignored.

You can edit your ini file for the position you want to be home.

Rick G

More
02 Jan 2012 17:36 #16216 by helpmeout
Replied by helpmeout on topic Re:EMC setup
I played around with the ini file yesterday after i read your post,( that was very helpful I might add and thank you so much for you ppls replies.)I changed the ini file to read HOME=0.0 to read (HOME =10.0, and it went there and homed on the switch). then i input a number on the (HOME _OFFSET=6.0. so after it homed it went to this position. I am beginning to understand this just a little. THIS is SO MUCH FUN.I have not got a grasp on the use of the hal.ini file yet.

More
02 Jan 2012 17:58 - 02 Jan 2012 18:03 #16217 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:EMC setup
helpmeout wrote:

I have not got a grasp on the use of the hal.ini file yet.

If your referring to the .hal files a short intro is here.

linuxcnc.org/docview/html/hal_basic_hal.html

John
Last edit: 02 Jan 2012 18:03 by BigJohnT.

More
02 Jan 2012 22:04 #16221 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:EMC setup
Glad to hear things are working out.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds