EMC wishlist, and misc items

More
22 Jan 2012 01:10 #17009 by friesen
I have been doing a bit with creating multiple parts, and I find the axis preview does not read variables from memory unless specifically initialized in the same gcode file. One workaround is to include the desired variables in Interp::_required_parameters. This means I will always have to compile and maintain my own source for this, it seems this could be allowed some other configurable way. Something down the line of "var #4000 = persistent" in one of the configuration files would work.

Two way communication of parameters between GladeVCP and emc would be invaluable. Perhaps this could be done with a custom M code and script, but I don't know how.

I also have run across a few items in build 2.6 I would like to 'report' as bugs, but I don't know where to do that.

#1 Under certain conditions, an error caused by calling an external sub from the mdi entry, will not clear, but will recur no matter whether or not the next entry is correct. It takes a restart to clear this problem.

#2 The last Gcode item in a called sub does not happen until next called code. For example, G0X0Y0Z1 doesn't happen, and when G0 is typed into the MDI command following sub end, it proceeds to do the command.

My last try at registering for this forum worked, but my first message disappeared, and my login doesn't work any more, so I hope this one stays around. My old username was "Erik Friesen", so perhaps the forum software didn't like the space in the username??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 01:19 #17010 by cmorley
how to officially report bugs:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Trackers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds