Error or warning

More
24 Feb 2012 09:53 #18011 by Zig
Error or warning was created by Zig
I am running LinuxCNC version 2.4.7 with Axis interface and a mesa 5I20 card. Everything is running fine except every now and then a small message box opens up and reads

Cant do that ( EMC_TASK_PLAN_RUN) in auto mode with interpreter reading

Any clues as to what's happening and how to eliminate it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2012 11:54 #18015 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Error or warning
That message pops up when you try and do something that is not allowed when in auto mode. I've seen that when doing something but it evades me this morning. I think it was pressing a button connected to halui.run or something like that.

John

More
24 Feb 2012 17:04 #18030 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Error or warning
Hi

As John says it can be triggered by anything that can only be done in Manual mode, when you are in Auto mode or when still in the process of a move in MDI setting.

I keep getting it when I issue a MDI command to go to co-ordinates near the workpiece and then press F3 to switch to Manual so as to jog precisely with the pendant, before the MDI move has actually finished.

Its only a warning so not a problem as soon as you understand why it arises.

regards

More
24 Feb 2012 21:56 #18050 by Zig
Replied by Zig on topic Re:Error or warning
I may have a more fundamental problem than finger trouble.

I am doing nothing in the way of manual input when this warning pops up.

I have also noticed that the mouse is misbehaving. It may call for more than a single click to get the buttons to react to mouse. In fact the mouse is seen , as indicated by amplifier enable LED, however there seems to be a double click occurring when the mouse is clicked only once and the amp enable is toggled very quickly through enable disable steps only to end up in same state it started in.

More investigating to follow.

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds