Up loading G code into EMC2

More
13 Mar 2012 15:46 #18584 by Chipmunk
I have a couple of questions that I cannot seem to find answers for.

I am using GSimple as one of the Cad Cam systems, when I compose my G code and send it to EMC2 , I get this error message, Near line 2 named parameter is not terminated. The following is the first five lines of code.

# GSIMPLE SCRIPT FILE
# www.gsimple.eu

$66 2.05
$65 0 INFO
$127 INCH

Next question. Where can I find a list of error messages for EMC2?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2012 16:04 #18585 by BigJohnT
The first question is what post processor are you using? That doesn't resemble LinucCNC or any other G code at all that I've ever seen.

To answer your question I'm working on a list of some of the common error codes...

linuxcnc.org/docview/2.5/html/gcode/over...ommon_error_messages

John

More
13 Mar 2012 17:36 - 13 Mar 2012 17:38 #18588 by ArcEye
Hi

What you have sent is part of the internal configuration script - nothing to do with gcode.

Your g-code output should resemble this image copied from their user manual, which is fairly standard g-code (with some exceptions)

regards
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Mar 2012 17:38 by ArcEye.

More
13 Mar 2012 18:34 #18590 by BigJohnT
I'm glad someone knows what that was :)

John

More
14 Mar 2012 01:23 #18593 by Chipmunk
Thanks for the reply, another lesson learned, maybe one of these days I get a handle on this stuff. It is tough being a NEWBE.

I uploaded the other file and, received a error message saying "near line 3 unknown control command in the O word. I got rid of the code in line 3 and the program would run.The code was compiled using a Haas Post Processor.

The following is the code:

1:
2 %
3 O1
4: (G-Simple Version 2.05)

As I said I removed O1 from line 3 and left it blank, I could then get the code to run.

The code executed flawlessly until I got to this area

381: N379 G03 X1. Y1. I0.1523 J0. F3.937
382: N380 G00 Z0.9843
383: N381 G28 Z0.9843
384: N382 T2 M06 (EM06FL4)
385: N383 S1114 M03
386: N384 G43 H2 M08
387: (FINISHING LEVEL 0)
388: N386 S1114 M03
390: N387 G00 Z0.9843

I then received another error message saying ( linear move on line 382 will exceed joint 2 negative limit) Why would a change in tooling give me this error message? Or am I looking at the wrong 382, going back through the code I have had a number of references to the same code as stated in line 382, " G00 Z0.9843" which refers to the retraction of the tool and have had no error messages. Have you folks any ideas?

Thanks Chipmunk

More
14 Mar 2012 09:57 #18594 by ArcEye
Hi

The big problem with CAM to my mind, is that unless you could have written the code yourself by hand, but used CAM to save time, it is hard for you to spot and correct errors.

On such a small snippet of code, a definitive answer is impossible. We don't actually know what happened prior to this.

The line number Axis is referring to will certainly not be the one given that number in the code, but should be the one thus numbered in the axis code window.
If there is some way to do it, output code without the line numbers, as they are not used by LinuxCNC and just cause confusion.

Why would a change in tooling give me this error message?

That you ask this, makes me wonder what is in your tool table, how you homed and touched off, which co-ordinate system, what is in your INI file for Z axis limits etc.

The basic answer is that changing a tool, changes the current offsets to put the new tool tip in the same place as the old one, relative to the workpiece.
It does this by adding or subtracting the offset figure for that tool in your tool table.

Unless your tool table is set up properly and all the other items mentioned are done properly, it could simply be that the code processor thinks you are moving to a co-ordinate outside your axes limits.

I would strongly suggest that you forget CAM for now.
Read
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gcode/coordinates.html
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.5/html/gcode/tool_compensation.html
and get homing, touching off and setting the tool table sorted.

Then write a simple program by hand which moves to a set position on the workpiece, then returns to home , changes tools and returns to the workpiece at the same position.

Once you have this cracked and have ensured that your tool offsets are the same in your CAM setup, you should be able to use CAM again.

regards

More
14 Mar 2012 10:22 #18595 by BigJohnT
Also, you might want to try a generic Fanuc post processor if they don't have one for EMC.

John

More
14 Mar 2012 11:07 #18596 by Rick G
Are you hooked up to a real machine now or experimenting with the software?

If just experimenting to start out try some simple programs, perhaps ones that do not require tool changes.

A tool offset could in fact cause the machine to have to travel out of range, so check your tool table is correct or again try the program without tool changes.

As John pointed out try different post processors or post processor settings, some handle specific g-code differently than others, same for comments.
The fact that your program seemed to work with a simple delete of one line up to the tool change seems to indicate you are very close to success.

Once you find the right post processor or post processor settings it should work like a charm.

Rick G

More
15 Mar 2012 01:40 #18607 by Chipmunk
Hello Thanks for the comments.

At the present I am only experimenting with the system. I am not stuck I have another CAM system that works well. I like the flexibility of GSimple and its ease of use.

I will write a simple program and see if I can get it to work. Thanks again for your comments and help I will try all of the suggestions that I received.

Chipmunk

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds